iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

VERY unusaul tool

Started by Daren, February 01, 2006, 11:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daren

I was image searching the web for a sawblade picture or clipart and came across this unique tool. I will credit the guy, since I am posting a picture from his site, http://www.smittysplace.net/circsaw.htm. Is that cool Jeff? This guy ought to be a member (if he is not already) he is goofy enough :D.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

brdmkr

Unusual is not the word for that!  I'll bet you could sell those like hot cakes at some of the tool shows.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Weekend_Sawyer

I like it ;D I want to make one and hang it up with all my hand saws.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

rebocardo

I thought the Squirrel Butter Knife was pretty nice, I bet those wood do well on E-Bay.

Daren

I liked it too. I had a 1/2 hour to kill this afternoon. It will hang on the wall in the shop, I want to see how many people even notice it. And if they do will they do a double take ???

Dana

Does it work as well if the blade is installed backword? ;D I got a good chuckle out of your post. Thanks
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Ianab

The image in the 1st post was copyrighted to another site so had been removed, but the idea is funny enough that I thought the post should stay  8)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Daren

I didn't understand the copywrite thing, glad that got worked out without getting anyone in trouble :-\.

brdmkr

Daren

I think I'll make me one this weekend.  Your fine handwork has given me some initiative!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Don P

Well, if I could remember who or where. A picture of one of those saws is in somebodys gallery. When I first saw the post, I was thinking " he never saw the other one" seems like it even had a cord on the handle.

Then we got into the whole intellectual property thing. Don't feel bad I'm as mystified as anyone on those rules. I figure I work for a living and my intellect isn't worth trying to protect. I guess some folks are right impressed with their intellect and feel it should be protected. Elsewise they just might have to work for a living too  :D.

I worked for one company that tried for 10 years to protect their furniture designs. The owners were always in court or at the lawyers. They decided to let it go and concentrate on what we were put here for, and the workplace again made great strides.

However, if a design gets into the wrong hands and fails, the designer is liable even when the plans are bootlegged  ::) We live in a strange world.

etat

QuoteI worked for one company that tried for 10 years to protect their furniture designs. The owners were always in court or at the lawyers. They decided to let it go and concentrate on what we were put here for, and the workplace again made great strides.

I worked in furniture factorys for years.  Over the years in fact several of them.  They were all the same about one thing. If they saw a new design on a piece of furniture they liked somewhere they'd send somebody to buy one.   Then they would take it completely apart and then make a pattern.  Then they'd  change the diminsions and the disign just a little bit.  Then start building new ones that would look the same, but the dimensions would be a bit different. There'd be just enough difference that there wasn't one  thing anybody could do about it. 
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Thank You Sponsors!