iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Fruits of our Labors

Started by Magicman, September 25, 2011, 03:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Sometimes a proud customer will call and ask you to stop by and see where the lumber went.  A customer called Friday night, and I stopped by last night.

You may remember that I sawed 2650 bf of Red Oak for his new home this Spring.

Later, vandals came and burned half of his lumber.

Along with his mobile home and utility trailer.

More logs and more lumber and his paneling is now installed.  Notice the charred end on one board on the left that he  intentionally left.   smiley_thumbsup

He is a very happy and proud customer.  His room is looking good also.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Lynn-I hope he has a plan for preventing a repeat of that vandalism. Did they catch the guilty?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Two of the three are now locked up on unrelated felony charges.  Those are some bad dudes.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Taylortractornut

I have a friend that  just caught some   folks stealing building materials from his  home site   last month.    The ywere building shooting houses.      He caught them  and called the law.   THen they came back 3 days  later and   torched a bunch of wood  and  his shed.      Folks like that ought to be taken out and  shot.
My overload permit starts after sunset

clww

MM-GOOD! Hope they get the third creep.
Taylor-I agree with you 100%.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

ronwood

Nice room!!

Read in the St. Louis paper today two burglars were killed this weekend when they broke into homes that were being worked on.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

JP135

Quote from: ronwood on September 26, 2011, 06:33:19 PM
Nice room!!

Read in the St. Louis paper today two burglars were killed this weekend when they broke into homes that were being worked on.

Ron

Oh that's a shame...
:D

WildDog

The panelling has come up a treat, good on the both of you for getting on with it after the setback. :)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Taylortractornut

Shame it was just 2 burglars.    Im worried the  crackhead down the road that scrapped his dads stuff   is down to  one old Backhoe and  one old tractor.    He used to get caught breaking in houses and his mother bribed them out of pressing charges now shes  got a real problem with  her  son and grandson.

The other day a friend that drives a service truck called me and told me that he was on  a call to a logger.    THey stole all the batteries,   all the  battery cable  in the battery boxes,   all the aluminum fuel caps some fuel and  poured the fuel out of the aluminum feild tank and stole the tank.    The lids off an  aluminum tool box on the spare truck.   Even the brake light wires on the sare truck and  knuckle boom trailer.   

THe scrap weight of these items  plus 9.50 per battery  might have netted them  150 to 200 dollars. THe damages to the loggers machinery was well over 2000 not counting down time.       Plus what they didnt steal they wrecked with hammers.   

I had a guy stop buy wanting to buy my  inventory for scrap.   I had a Lycomming six cylinder  aircraft engine block I had on top of an old front load dumpster.    THis old man told me  I could come back tonight and get that.  I reminded him that I run an 80 acre landfill.   He hurried up an got back on his way. 

Whats troubling is the law wont do a thing about it now, more worried about catching a can of beer comming back across the county line. 

My overload permit starts after sunset

Thank You Sponsors!