iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bed frame rails

Started by Randy88, August 14, 2013, 01:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy88

I was wondering how others make them, I had to weld some up this morning for my daughters bed she built, we've done quite a few over the years, I use angle iron and weld a flat plate on both ends and have a matching plate with bolts welded into it we screw to the head board and foot board and then just bolt the rails on.    We usually go with 3x3 angle iron 3/16th thick and it seems to work.  I've seen a few on here that use mortise and tenon to install wooden rails.   We then use wooden boards laid flat in the angle to set the box spring and mattress on in, anyone have anything better to use that simple easy and strong?

thecfarm

Seems to work. If it ain't broke,why fix it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pigman

I always just use wooden rails. I have the wood and would have to buy the metal. I usually use hooks like these from Rockler. They are easy to install.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=5288&site=ROCKLER
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Magicman

I make wooden rails and use the hangers that mortice into the rail ends and the bed posts.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!