iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TIGERCAT 630C

Started by Polish Hammer, July 03, 2015, 09:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polish Hammer

Just bought a 630c and Im looking for info. Anyone run one of these beasts? any issues ? stuff to look out for ? im in very hilly rocky terrain and the skidding is very technical im hoping this hydrostatic system will help out on the production side.
Thanks for the info.
Cat 322c fmhw with waratah 622, Komatsu PC200-7 FM with waratah 622b, Timberjack 450b grapple, timberjack 660c grapple, Tigercat 630c grapple, John Deere 853j Buncher, echo saws

kiko

Polish Hammer, I have repaired more of those machines than I can count. Electrical issue are common.  They came with two types of engines. 8.3 with CAPS fuel system and the common rail 8.3.  The IQAN display screen will only monitor certain engine parameters such as oil pressure, temp and boost pressure, ect all other engine codes with show as a yellow ( warning ) and red (stop) round lights.  The long oval light is for warnings associated with the machine computers rather than the engine ECM .  Be sure and grease the u joints on the drive shaft between the engine and the pump stack. I have had made access holes in the sheet metal to make this more doable. Problems with this drive shaft will cause a vibration that is very noticeable . When pulling a large load down hill and the load starts to push the machine , do not let off the drive pedal instantly.  Try to use the the speed dial to slow it down. Instantly releasing the travel pedal in this situation will effectively turn the drive motors into pumps in a dead head situation and can cause damage to the drive motors.  Just ask , probably no part of that machine I have not had my hands on.

Polish Hammer

Thanks Kiko. This is a 2006 so not sure if the engine is common rail or not. I have cummins insite software so anything engine related im good to go. Are the electricle issues on the machine side or the engine side ? iIhave looked eveywhere on the web for a service manual for this machine but cant find anything. I want a digital copy to keep on my lap top with all my other manuals. Kiko do you have ant service literature ?
right now I have a leak at the rotation manifold for the grapple and have to repack one arch cylinder and one dozer cylinder. the machine has had the engine replaced with a reman less than 1000 hours ago, it also has had one of the drive motors replaced. Machine will be delivered to my shop next week so I can go threw it.
Cat 322c fmhw with waratah 622, Komatsu PC200-7 FM with waratah 622b, Timberjack 450b grapple, timberjack 660c grapple, Tigercat 630c grapple, John Deere 853j Buncher, echo saws

kiko

The electrical issues are mostly with the machine.  I have a service manual, but it is a book.  The service manual has the fold out wiring schematics which I like, other than that the manual is vague. The rotation manifold seals are in the outside part of swivel so it can be resealed with out removing the entire assembly. 

Polish Hammer

Does the service manual have the parts break downs in it? or do I have to get 3 books service, parts, and operation manuals? Kiko where did you put this access hole you speak of to aid in greasing the shaft? do you have any pics ?

kiko

As far as I know you will have to have three.  You would have to contact your tigercat dealer to inquire about their current offerings. When you get the machine to the shop and remove all the sheet metal under the fan and then you will see the guarding for the shaft. The holes will have to be made as needed.  I have not developed any template for the location of the access holes. Sorry no pictures.  I will be replacing the fan/cooling/charge pump and rear axle pinion seals on one in the next couple of weeks as well as resealing a steering cylinder.   

Thank You Sponsors!