iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cleaning out warehouse

Started by Texas Ranger, October 13, 2019, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Cleaning out an old storage building and found a stack of some dozen 1 1/4 walnut boards, 9 footers,  half 12 inchers.  I had them cut some where in the 70's, moved under enclosed storage in the late 70's and promptly forgot them.  If memory serves right, there are a number of boards with large burl configuration.  Dry?  you bet.  One on the bottom had black ants that cause my wife to talk to herself.

Gonna be a treasure hunt in a week or so.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Texas Ranger on October 13, 2019, 12:38:46 PM
Cleaning out an old storage building and found a stack of some dozen 1 1/4 walnut boards, 9 footers,  half 12 inchers.  I had them cut some where in the 70's, moved under enclosed storage in the late 70's and promptly forgot them.  If memory serves right, there are a number of boards with large burl configurati.  Dry?  you bet.  One on the bottom had black ants that cause my wife to talk to herself.

Gonna be a treasure hunt in a week or so.
8) 8) 8)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Larry

I was trying to figure out the spelling in the title as it is not correct.  If one were to remove the "h" and a space it would be spelled correctly.  If one were to replace the "a" with a "o" and remove the space it would also be spelled correctly.  Of course the meanings.......

In any case I thought the thread might be interesting....something straight out of Texas! :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Texas Ranger

What?  Corrected by an Arky, the horror. ;):)

WV Sawmiller

Loked gode two me. ??? Congrats of the find and your trip down memory lane.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WDH

Hopefully, you won't find any dead bodies.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

Quote from: WDH on October 14, 2019, 09:17:55 PM
Hopefully, you won't find any dead bodies.

not going through the slab.

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!