iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beware the ides of March

Started by Banjo picker, March 15, 2009, 08:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

I don't know too much about what he ment by that. bit it sure did sound cool when Shakspeare wrote it, and today is the day.   ;)  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

fishpharmer

Middle of March according to wikipedia

Also, first day of the Roman Calander

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ides_of_March

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Banjo picker

James I did not know that second part.  Thanks..   Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Cedarman

Didn't Julius bite the dust on the Ides of March?

It is my granddaughter's birthday.  Great day. 
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Banjo picker

I believe he did ...it was a great day here as well.  We cut a bunch of ties, and hit no metal.  Tim

Sprucegum

Yep, Caesar got a knife in the back that day.

The old witch tried to warn him but he didn't believe his friends would do it.

"Et tu Brutus?"

Paul_H

and Brutus replied "forgetaboutit"
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

DanG

Ol' Brutus was pretty sensitive about his weight, and he didn't like anybody joshin' him about how much he et.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Roxie

And, once again we prove we can handle any topic.   :D
Say when

Tom

I think it strange that Caesar, after gathering his chitterlins about him, was still concerned with Brutus' welfare.  I figure he had just come from the covered dish supper being held inside and was inviting Brutus in for Chicken and Dumplings, or Fried pork chops and boiled grape leaves. (They didn't have any collards yet).

Bro. Noble

I can't remember,  was Coleoptera at that party?
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Paul_H

It was the Donner party where he et tu
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Fla._Deadheader

digin1 food2 food2 food2 pepsi_smiley
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

I don't think Antony took cleopatra to the party.  He was involved with a young Cassius, who was a boxer, I hear, who rebelled in a fit of temper called the Boxer Rebellion.  Antony was a good friend of Julius, both of whom had a gaul problem, and shouldn't have been at the party either.  Antony didn't mess around with Cleopatra until after Caesar's giblets were spilt, did he?  So, I don't think that Cleopatra made the party.

Sprucegum

Poor ol' Cleo couldn't party - she had a viper in denial.

submarinesailor

You guys have a twisted scent of history or is it humor!!!!!  Maybe a lot of both!!!!!!!

Bruce

Slabs

Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

DanG

This is just my opinion of course, but I don't think Choleoptera would have ever run of with Tony if Brutus hadn't jabbed Caesar Romero in the ribs.  She really had the hots for Nero, but kinda swore off of them Emporer types after she found out they were under-insured.  She wasn't the first or the last chick to reject a feller for having an inadequate package.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

There was word out that Tony was gonna take her to chicago, somewhere around cicero and she didn't want to go real bad.  She'd already had a belly full of Julius and Tony was a real party goer, but the Family was being a bit cool on the idea too.

Fla._Deadheader

I was watching a program a few minutes ago, where the Lost City of Atlantis was actually blown up, when the Volcano it was built upon, blasted itself. Ole Play-doh had written about the city, although I can't remember the actual name of it.

Maybe that's where Tony ended up taking Coleoptera after she tired of Jules and wanted an ocean view, under the sea ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

Naww.  They mighta been thinkin' about going there, but they ended up in BFE.

Banjo picker

Quote from: Sprucegum on March 17, 2009, 06:49:24 PM
Poor ol' Cleo  - she had a viper in denial.

Is that anything like a snake in the grass? :D  Tim

Thank You Sponsors!