iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Older Dozer or Tracked Skid Steer?

Started by Puffergas, August 16, 2015, 07:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puffergas

Quote from: BargeMonkey on September 06, 2015, 11:18:46 PM
Gehl makes a good machine, and that's big enough to do alot of work. That's an International 300 gas tractor ?

That be it.. 300 Utility to be exact. First job is an alternator conversion and rewired. I changed the 50 year old oil and filter this weekend. Even managed to remove the old oil filter gasket and install the new one that comes with the filter...  😁  Nice tractor to work on. Got a have something to wrench on. In a few years I'll split it and overhaul the TA...😷
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Puffergas

The boys are acting up. Skid steer has a flat tire and wouldn't start. Jumped up and down on the seat and she fired right up. Think I'll jumper the seat switch. Amazingly the wheel came off easy. Next trick is to see if I can fix the tire.. 😨
Jeff

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

deerguy

Puffergas,
That was a fine looking Farmall M. Takes me back to the younger days when we had a Super M TA on the farm. My old Dad still regrets the day he sold it. I still have a few scars on the knuckles from that steering wheel spinning... :D.
I've been hunting for one to restore, but they are getting scarce.

Hope the new iron works out well for you !!

Deerguy
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

Puffergas

Quote from: deerguy on September 08, 2015, 08:19:14 AM
Puffergas,
That was a fine looking Farmall M. Takes me back to the younger days when we had a Super M TA on the farm. My old Dad still regrets the day he sold it. I still have a few scars on the knuckles from that steering wheel spinning... :D.
I've been hunting for one to restore, but they are getting scarce.

Hope the new iron works out well for you !!

Deerguy

Thanks Deerguy.

The M with the FEL I bought a year or two after High School. The other M was my grand fathers that I bought at his auction. They both did a lot of work but are at home best on a field not woods work, IMHO.

The skid steer is amazing. It doesn't seem to tear up the forest floor like I thought it would. Maybe because it mixes the steering not like the older smaller ones. I didn't like the T control at first but after about an hour I got it. Makes backing up as easy as going forward.
Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!