iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How Do You View The Forum From Mobile Device - Big Fonts?

Started by OffGrid973, May 31, 2018, 05:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffGrid973

I always used the web view on the forum from my mobile device because I liked the easy scroll on IPhone, small text and ability to see a ton of info without scrolling.

The latest update this year made the fonts much larger and now the web view is made for my father (75 yrs old) and requires lots of scrolling to read one post.

How do most folks view the site, from mobile or computer?

Anyone on mobile have good tricks to make it more enjoyable to read and navigate as 5 words per line is crazy :)

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

sprucebunny

I believe that font size adjustable on your device under settings.

Computer view is great. I have no big need to see the internet on a phone.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

OffGrid973

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

4x4American

While the subject is brought up, I also like to use the web view on my phone (how I mainly view the forum) not too fond of the mobile version.  What I don't like with the new layout is that it no longer shows the poster's location, which I usually like to look at to help understand where they're coming from.  And no I don't wanna spend the time to click on their profile to see it cause I'm not that interested usually but anyways yea can we turn that part back on please!
Boy, back in my day..

millwright

I go to the full site setting on my I phone and the font can be set to the smaller size, both versions work well, I just prefer the smaller print

Dave Shepard

I view the Forum on desktop view. I get all the details and normal font size. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

4x4American

Quote from: Dave Shepard on June 02, 2018, 05:23:19 PM
I view the Forum on desktop view. I get all the details and normal font size.
How do you turn on desktop view?
Boy, back in my day..

clearcut

Couple of things to try.

1. is to Pinch to make the items displayed smaller. 

2. is to clear your cache and cookies
     On iOS Settings / Safari / Clear History and Website Data. You will have to log back in to websites.

3. The Reader View 3 1/2 horizontal lines icon in the search box will adjust the font.

4. The following web page shows how to add a increase font / decrease font JavaScript bookmarklet to you bookmarks bar so you can adjust font size on any web page:

https://lifehacker.com/5910045/change-the-font-size-on-ios-web-sites-with-bookmarklets

Carbon sequestered upon request.

Dave Shepard

On my phone, which is Android, up by the refresh button there are three dots which opens a drop down menu. There is an option for "request desktop view".
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

4x4American

Quote from: Dave Shepard on June 02, 2018, 09:45:33 PM
On my phone, which is Android, up by the refresh button there are three dots which opens a drop down menu. There is an option for "request desktop view".
I thinking my next phone gonna be an android, these iphones are full of glitches and the battery life is terrible on purpose 
Boy, back in my day..

Dave Shepard

And Apple updates older versions with slower software to make you want a new phone. A lot of reasons to not like the Iphone, actually.

Magicman

Scroll all of the way to the bottom of the page.  There is a little box with an arrow that says "Full site".  Click da box.  ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!