Sponsors:

let s discuss Russian vacuum drying chamber

Started by serg, July 24, 2004, 08:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rerednaw

Den Socling

:D  Maybe you can buy the stamp to mail that chamber to the USA!  :D :

rerednaw

will be better if i buy 2 oar from oak and travel to USA in this chamber by myself trought ocean  ;D ;D :o

serg

Den, hi! I wait spring, your final decision. Sergey

Den Socling

rerednaw,

Some of those Russian chambers do look a little like submarines. Some others remind me of missiles.  :o  I'm very glad that you guys are with us in building vac kilns now days.  8)

Den

serg

Den and all friends who was and are not present on a forum. Welcome to Moscow! A meeting, I shall show, I shall tell. Russian of travel, " the Gold ring ", hunting!  8)Call Moscow the mobile phone + 095 233 87 29 Thanks. Sergey

rerednaw

Quotererednaw,
Some of those Russian chambers do look a little like submarines. Some others remind me of missiles.
He-he :) Its becouse some guys find submarines on his backjard and some find missiles  ::) But space staion "MIR" stil not founded  :D

beav

A modern day swords to plowshares? Dried wood for all in memory of the cold war? Works for me!    8)

serg

Hi, beav! We together shall make it!! 8)

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

serg

Russian bear has found a way of dialogue with American people, it(he) went the road, without knowledge of the English language, speech. Soon I shall finish two experiments and I shall come on your forum to discuss it. ;) Sergey

serg

http://www.vacuums.ru/news9.html    Hello all on a forum! Cracks at high-speed drying are higher than 100 degrees Ñ. Me asked to remove them. I have removed in vacuum drying at 59 degrees Ñ Sergey

old3dogg

Those pieces looked glued together.
Are they?What kind of wood is it?
Sorry.I cant read in Russian.
I have also found that vacuum drying at lower temps greatly reduces the amount of degrade.
Im not sure what 100N or 59N is temp wise but I start all of my charges at 38 degress C.Squares or lumber.We are seeing a lot less stress.Cracks have never been a problem with my vac drying.

serg

Hello! In a picture the oak stuck together together is shown. Residual humidity of 5 %. Cracks were formed to high temperature and absence of humidifying. It is dangerous to dry an oak in any drying chambers when the temperature has humidity of an oak 50 % should be low constantly presence pair. You dry an oak at 38 degrees, it is a good mode for vacuum. Sergey

Den Socling

Mike,

I was looking at the schedules that you were running 10 years ago!!?  :o  Could it be 10 years? Geez! Anyway, you were starting everything at 39 then. Did you start with higher temps after I left?

Den

old3dogg

Den.
We started with about the same heat temp but higher WB than I think we were using at the time.
When I was asked to dry lumber stress free I started using temps as low as 34.
Some of my square drying schedules will start at 47.
I have a really wild schedule for thick Hard Maple that starts at 48/40!
It works great.

serg

Hello! A soft mode well. A marriage(spoilage) is not present! The master does(makes) a good product of an oak, a beech, a maple. A guarantee of 5-10 years!. " Speed or quality " many give eternal dispute to quality. Sergey

iain

http://www.vacuums.ru/news9.html
heres the trans for that page not a polished trans but more than good enough
In May 2004 we were contacted by a timber-processing company, asking, amongst other things, whether we could help them in the removal of flaws (cracks formed in the preliminary rough forming stages of furniture making) caused by drying in high speed high temperature drying regime.  The hoary question is of "time versus quality of drying."  For this company this was becoming a serious problem;  about 45 cubic metres of seasoned 40 x 60 x 600 mm wood had been ruined.  Understanding the gravity of the situation, as well as the significant financial losses, we found a way to do a repeat drying of  ×ÌÇ (I assume that this abbreviation stands for ÷åðíîâîàÿ ìåáåëíàÿ çàãîòîâêà which occurs earlier in the text, meaning rough furniture preparation, ie the process of getting things into rough shape)  in our vacuum drying kilns.  During the drying we applied a special regime, developed by our firm, and the already existing cracks were removed.

iain

serg

http://www.vacuums.ru/info.html Iain, hi! Thank, thank for translation! The collective is grateful to you. The owner of company Sveta

iain

woops i missed a bit of the bottom

In May 2004 we were contacted by a timber-processing company, asking, amongst other things, whether we could help them in the removal of flaws (cracks formed in the preliminary rough forming stages of furniture making) caused by drying in high speed high temperature drying regime.  The hoary question is of "time versus quality of drying."  For this company this was becoming a serious problem;  about 45 cubic metres of seasoned 40 x 60 x 600 mm wood had been ruined.  Understanding the gravity of the situation, as well as the significant financial losses, we found a way to do a repeat drying of  ×ÌÇ (I assume that this abbreviation stands for ÷åðíîâîàÿ ìåáåëíàÿ çàãîòîâêà which occurs earlier in the text, meaning rough furniture preparation, ie the process of getting things into rough shape)  in our vacuum drying kilns.  During the drying we applied a special regime, developed by our firm, and the already existing cracks were removed.

Photo captions say:  Before Removal and After removal

Dear Customer!

The Vacuum Drying Kiln Company "Vakuum-Plyus" dries larch in plank thickness with an overfall (technical term, don't know what it means in English!) of moisture at 5% to a remaining moisture content of 1% (This last was not at all clear, but I think that this it what it means.  I think the Russian is a bit garbled).  We can meet all safety requirements for glued bars.  As a result of accidents caused by faulty technological processes Gosstroi  Rossii (Equivalent of Building Regs in Russia)  has tightened specifications not only on reinforced concrete and metal constructions but also on wooden ones, especially as egards glued bars used in window frame making.

Remember that incomplete drying of timber overall gives shrinkage during processing of 2% at 6mm thickness, and 3% at 9mm.

iain

serg

IAIN, thank all is correct! All of us are grateful to you! 8)

sequoia

I am new to this forum, so I hope it goes through ok.

We manufacture walnut lumber products in Kyrgyzstan for export to Europe and Russia.  We traditionally dry our wood in "conventional" dryers.  I have a little experience with vacuum dryers in the States and Europe in drying red oak and walnut.  I contacted Sergei of Vacuums Plus in Moscow during a visit here and would to advise the readers of this forum of what I see.

Sergei, despite the difficulty in understanding the computer translation he uses on his posts, is very knowledgable about his subject.  I have seen his dryers and am somewhat impressed by the simplicity of the system.  Especially after seeing the multitude of renditions of vacuum dryers in Europe.  The workmanship is good although cosmetically the dryer could be improved.  On the other hand, what are the concerns about cosmetics?

The value of the dryer is main reason anyone should consider this dryer, in my opinion.  Whereas everyone else is selling vacuum dryers for a minimum of $10,000 per M3 of capacity, the Vacuum plus system is approximately $2000 per M3.

We are going to buy 2 systems to take to Kyrgyzstan to see how they do.  I am asking Sergei to alter the design a little to allow us to steam the walnut before drying and to pull a greater vacuum.  I also want to increase the temperature capacity over 80 degrees C, for the final stage.

I think Sergei's system will work fine, but I also think it needs a little more power.  The alterations to the designe are a minimal expense.

Den Socling

Welcome Sequoia,

I also think that Sergey's design should work but be careful in changing it. If you pull more vacuum, there won't be enough air for convection.

I hope to get one of Sergey's kilns to our shop in the coming year. We will fit it with our controls and our pumps. I think it could be marketed next to our kiln as a slower but lower cost vac kiln.

Den

sequoia

Thank You Sponsors!