iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Duck Dynasty wants more $$$$$$$$$.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 28, 2013, 08:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Just saw on "Good Morning America" where the cast from Duck Dynasty is holding out for $200,000 per episode.
It said they can't start season 4 until they get their Ducks in a row.  :D

A&E had better give it to them.....or somebody else will pick them up.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Woodhauler

They better ride that pony while its ridable!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

NWP

I just saw that too. I wonder how much per episode they make now?  It never said on the GMA story.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Roxie

According to TV Guide, that amount sounds very reasonable for a "reality" series actor.  Compare to:

Reality (per year)

Ryan Seacrest (American Idol) $15 million
Joel McHale (The Soup) $2 million
Piers Morgan (America's Got Talent) $2 million
Kate Gosselin (Kate Plus 8) $250,000 per episode
Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi (Jersey Shore) $30,000 per episode

Personally, I'd rather watch the Duck Dynasty folks than any of the above, and rather than being greedy, it could be considered just good business sense. 
Say when

Roxie

Why is the dancing smiley showing up above?   :D
Say when

RynSmith

I'm guessing the code is an 8 plus a ) 8)   :D

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

Say when

justallan1

I've seen a couple episodes of that show and just wasn't impressed. I guess to each his own.
Granted I'd do it for a lot less money ;D
Allan

Raider Bill

Quote from: Roxie on March 28, 2013, 11:42:34 AM
According to TV Guide, that amount sounds very reasonable for a "reality" series actor.  Compare to:

Reality (per year)

Ryan Seacrest (American Idol) $15 million
Joel McHale (The Soup) $2 million
Piers Morgan (America's Got Talent) $2 million
Kate Gosselin (Kate Plus 8) $250,000 per episode
Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi (Jersey Shore) $30,000 per episode

Personally, I'd rather watch the Duck Dynasty folks than any of the above, and rather than being greedy, it could be considered just good business sense.

Roxie,
I've been thinking about your statement and have changed my mind. You are right,Why shouldn't they get as much as they can out of this ride.
Considering they took a hand made duck call to this level speaks volumes to the business smarts going on.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

I agree. There is always a message in the show, even if it given in a near slap stick form some shows. From what I've seen and read, I'd bet much of that money eventually goes to do more good.

thecfarm

My wife watches alot of those "shows. I get away from the TV and go find something else to do. But I do watch DD and like it. I'm not so much into it to, to even know what day it comes on or the time. Some may be staged but it fun to watch them act out.I'd do it for $100,000.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

martyinmi

My wife tells me that the season finale is tonight at 10:00 EST. 8)
Only 20 more minutes of playtime on the net for me!!
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

WmFritz

What I like about DD is its not a bunch of folks bickering and carrying on.   arg-smiley Yeah...its scripted but, its all in good fun. I like the message the shows endings send. Usually with the whole family seated around the kitchen table and Phil saying Grace.   food3
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

pappy19

I went to college at Louisiana Tech the same time when Phil was the Tech quarterback just before Terry Bradshaw. I think Phil graduated in 1967 or 68 and Bradshaw graduated in 1970. Anyway, I have a Tech annual with both Phil and Terry in the same picture. I got Terry's autograph, but didn't get Phil's. Who woulda' thunk?? Anyway, when I get back home to Idaho this summer, I will take a picture of that picture and post it. Phil doesn't look quite the same as he did back in college.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Peter Drouin

I never watch any of that stuff, all of them shows are junk, I see an ad for a naked man now, TV just gos down and down, getting so I don't watch it no more, you watch what you want, its not for me thats all :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Peter,I feel like you. I watch very little TV. I do watch the races. But this show is really good,funny,whole some. Somtimes they act like a bunch of 14 year olds with some of the adventure they do.  ;D  I can not remember a bleep or a fight or someone in someones face. Watch it once and you will see,I wish you would.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

My curiosity got raised up with pappy's post. Phil was a college quarterback? Well, sure enough.  Like pappy said, Bradshaw was two years behind Phil and sat the bench until Phil quit his last year of eligibility. " Football was just a game and it interfered with duck season".
Bradshaw said he would show up for practice with blood on him from gutting a deer. Or squirrel tales hanging from his pockets. His college coach would make him stay at his house the night before a game to keep Phil from going duck hunting at 4:00 in the morning.   

He was drafted by the NFL his junior year and turned it down. He has a masters degree in education and his oldest son, who is not part of the show, is a minister.

I hope for next year... "The Beards are Back".  :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WH_Conley

I just hope that because they are good people they don't go the way of Bobby Goodson. Two of the best regular scheduled shows on TV.
Bill

Roxie

Quote from: Peter Drouin on April 25, 2013, 07:09:52 AM
I never watch any of that stuff, all of them shows are junk, I see an ad for a naked man now, TV just gos down and down, getting so I don't watch it no more, you watch what you want, its not for me thats all :)

I'm confused.  If you don't watch TV, how are you seeing an ad for a naked man?  If you've never watched Duck Dynasty, how do you know it's junk? 
Say when

grweldon

My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Roxie

Nah, it takes heaps more than that.   :D

Seriously, I wish I had a dollar for everyone that tells me they don't watch TV, and then goes on to describe the latest vision that upset them. 

I would probably have let it completely slide without comment, if he hadn't called the show (that he's never watched) junk. 
Say when

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Roxie on April 25, 2013, 11:28:12 AM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on April 25, 2013, 07:09:52 AM

I'm confused.  If you don't watch TV, how are you seeing an ad for a naked man?  If you've never watched Duck Dynasty, how do you know it's junk? 

Easy I have given all of them a chance, when Im  watching an old good movie and get a commercial, I channel surf then go back to the good old movie, for the time I see the junk is all I need, It's all the same . you know one time I was watching Bob Hopes wife on TV , And she had nothing good to say about todays TV, Look at all the comedian of today they try to be funny but it's all filth bad language, theres cleen funny and then theres filth, filth to me is not funny, Im just old fashion,I mean if you want to watch the show then go for it, Ray it;s just not for me my friend, IF theres not a good movie on I turn the boob toob off, and come on here and talk to you good people :D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

I really should stay shut up, but like the survivor thread, I really find it irritating when someone just feels the need to step in to diss something that many others, including myself obviously enjoy, just for the soul purpose of dissing.

Thank You Sponsors!