iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Dad

Started by moosehunter, June 04, 2013, 07:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Sorry to hear of your loss. May the Lord grant you and your family the strengh to get through this hard time.

Sounds like the world lost another great man.

Herb

Corley5

Sorry for your loss  :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Woodhauler

Its a hard thing to go through, my prayers are with you.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

r.man

Memories are the answer Mike, our ancestors live on through us.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

ellmoe

Mike, I'm so sorry for your loss. It was my pleasure to be able to help you and your Dad out. I regret that I didn't get to meet your Dad, but my guys really liked him. Danny said, "that's a Big man, but he was really nice."  My Dad is 82. I dread the day.
  My prayers are with you.
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Warbird

Praying for you and your family.  *hug*

coxy

sorry for your loss :(

Riggs

Sorry to hear, thoughts and prayers for you and the family.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

moosehunter

When it rains,.......

Dad had a companion that he had met 18 months ago. Laura helped him non-stop through all of the treatments and trips to Dr.s offices, kept him fed and kept him happy. She came to NY with him instead of going home to Mass. to be with her family.
Her daughter drove here Tuesday to be with her mom during the service and then drive her home. My wife met with the daughter to show her how to get to Dad's place. My wife and Laura's daughter found her dead on the floor. She must of had a stroke, aneurism or major heart attack because she made no attempt to break her fall or move after her fall. She did not suffer.
She was a very special lady. :'( :'(
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

doctorb

Mike, I am so sorry for you and all concerned. 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

thecfarm

Almost sounds like Laura was a special Angel sent to help him and was no longer needed.  :( 
Sorry to hear of your loss of 2 special people in your life. You will be in my thoughts.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I am so sorry Mike.  Laura Finlay must have been a very special lady and surely she and your Dad gained strength from each other.  Sometimes things happen that we do not understand, but then when we really pause and think about it, the answer is very clear. 

I offer my sincerest Condolences to these two families that were joined by those two special people.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Sorry for your loss Mike.
Was good to chat with you the othe rday.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

fat olde elf

Sorry for your loss.  Lost my father 35 years ago and think about him every day. God bless..........
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

lowpolyjoe

Very sorry to hear it.

timberlinetree

Sorry about your dad. Thoughts and pray's for you and your family.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

woody329

Very sorry for your loss, I know how you feel, I lost my father about 7 years ago, I think about him everyday.

Chuck White

Wow Mike, this news is unreal.

Double condolences sent!

Really sorry for your double loss!  :'(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

MAI

Mike,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and Laura's family during these difficult times.   Your Dad's memory will live forever in you and everyone he knew.   

Weekend_Sawyer

Mike,
I am truly sorry to hear about your father and his caregivers passing.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

sandhills

Very sorry to hear all this, thoughts and prayers are with you and both your families.

JohnG28

Very sorry for your losses.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

submarinesailor

Mike,

I'm very sorry to hear about both of your losses.

Bruce

DonT

Condolances from my family to yours.   DT

Thank You Sponsors!