iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

propane refrigerator

Started by talldog, June 07, 2013, 08:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talldog

I'm in the market for a new gas fridge for my camp. I've narrowed it down to 2 brands. Unique or Diamond. Diamond is cheaper but no dealers around here. Unique has 2 different dealers in state. Am thinking about down the road with parts/service. Anyone had any experience with either of these brands? Thanks

240b

I have a gas fridge at my home in VT. Had it for seven years now, works great. Can't remember the brand, but I know it was made in sweden. uses very little gas. got it from the local gas dealer.

Bibbyman

Ancient history.

When I was born in 1950 the farm house had no electric service and used a spring house for refrigeration.   Dad went to the bank and borrowed $300 to buy a gas refrigerator.   $300 would have been near the cost of a new car or pickup. The banker loaned him the money but made him bring the receipt back and apply the change if less than $3.00 to the loan. 

A few years later the area was electrified and the gas refrigerator was nearly worthless. I think dad said he got $15 in trade for a new electric refrigerator.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!