iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

F-350 Wiper Question

Started by Autocar, June 10, 2013, 08:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

My delay wipers quit working and all I have was wide open. I figures it was the switch on the column which also dims the lights operates the turn signals. I replaced the turn signal unit and the darn thing still only has a wide open speed. I wouldn't think the wiper motor has the different speeds and figure theres a module on the fire wall somewhere, am I barking up the wrong tree ?
Bill

Brian_Rhoad

I think the motor has the speed control in it. The switch tells the motor what speed to run.

JohnG28

It may be a relay that runs the delay circuit.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Ford_man

Mine done the same thing, I replaced the wiper motor(for the second time) it  works great, You can get a rebuilt or a new at the parts store for around $80 I think. They are not hard to replace. I done it in about half an hour. splitwood_smiley

snowstorm

the one on my 550 was slow . put a new motor and all is fine. its right in front of the winsheild. not under the hood anymore. it was more than $70 but i only buy ford parts when it comes to things like this

Autocar

Thanks guys , that surprizes me it's the wiper motor. A few years back I put a new one on I guess nothing last to long anymore  ::). Thanks again.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!