iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ken

Have the grandkids for the weekend so went to the machines to kill some time.  Although scenery is still very pretty here in the northeast the leaves are falling fast  

Lots of toys for working in the bush

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Skeans1

Quote from: Ken on October 14, 2018, 10:53:53 AM
Have the grandkids for the weekend so went to the machines to kill some time.  Although scenery is still very pretty here in the northeast the leaves are falling fast  

Congrats on being able to take them to the job Ken. Is that a new 803 with a logmax x000?

barbender

I love being able to bring the kids out in the woods still...I don't know how long it will last but a definite job perk in my book. We had a few "residential" blocks, that's always fun🙄😊

There were about 6 rows of pine there, a fence/property line on one side and cars on the other. Fun for the processor operator😊

Double doggin' it- that's Scout with the big ears, he's our new pup

Good ol' Walt- he's become something of a mascot. I need to get his name on the door too!😁

How about the famous camo Ponsse Ergo- can you see it?😁

Too many irons in the fire

Ken

Skeans1  That is a new 803 with a 6000B Logmax.  Only a hundred hours and change so far   Nice looking stand you are in.

Thanks Mike  I enjoy spending time with the grandkids although I will be glad when their parents get back from vacation.  Glad I got my child rearing done early.  Have to go back to work to get rested up.

Barbender  I usually enjoy the challenge of working around a residential area although it can be a pain.   Nice straight looking pile of red pine studs.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

barbender

You decided to stay with a track machine I take it, Ken?
Too many irons in the fire

Quebecnewf

Cut and stacked 100 small logs . Covered them and will get them by snowmobile this winter . First time cutting in the fall for me . We normally cut only in winter . Lots of fun without snowshoes on your feet but very very gummy work .

Quebecnewf 

g_man

Quote from: Quebecnewf on October 15, 2018, 05:56:04 AM

Cut and stacked 100 small logs . Covered them and will get them by snowmobile this winter . First time cutting in the fall for me . We normally cut only in winter . Lots of fun without snowshoes on your feet but very very gummy work .

Quebecnewf

You got a head start. And I agree - Working on bare ground is nicer but if you wear glasses like I do they are coated with pitch. The good side is you will never loose your grip on the saw   :D

gg

Puffergas

Quote from: Quebecnewf on October 15, 2018, 05:56:04 AM

Quebecnewf
Quebecnewf,

Do you stack your logs with a block and rope in the tree and pull the logs up?

That's my plan.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Quebecnewf

That's how we do it . Snatch block in tree and log tongs . Pile them real easy..

Quebecnewf 

Skeans1

Not a happy cutting partner today at 30 degrees she starts to shake.

nativewolf

Who needs a fancy computer gauge to tell you when to be careful, just watch your partner.   :D
Liking Walnut

olcowhand

Skeans,
Does she stick her tongue out a little further as it get's steeper?
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

thecfarm

Maybe she is trying to tell you something. ;)  Smart dog.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BargeMonkey

Been trying to let it dry up, rains for 2x days, then 1/2 a day of sun. Finishing cleaning up my last header. 

My 440 sits at the shop, may have to go hammer out wood this week for our mill, 5-10k sticks behind every week and it hasnt let up. 

Got my 1st big order going the other day, I'm shocked at what basic stuff I've had that's sold, pre-mixed saw fuel goes pretty good. 

BargeMonkey

Kept hoping it would dry up enough to get done, too much wood left and needed the buncher on another job, cut my way out till 8pm last night and moved her today. 

Cutting a road in, get to the decent wood in the back, had a 648G3 BURIED in hitches till 930 tonight 🤣 

I keep saying every yr I'm going to have an extra 500-1000 cord and it never happens, I'm one of the few left around sitting on any dry wood. 

Took some adjusting but I've got the timing valves tweaked on it so I can run the conveyor intermitantly, almost doubles my cycle time so the saw is running right with the splitter, I want to bring home a load of 18-20" beautiful 24' wood, I think she would do a true 5 cord an hr with someone loading it. Tumbler is worth the money but now have to add another conveyor 🤣 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

YoKid

Recently acquired this single owner 440. After going through it and changing all the fluids and fixing a few small leaks I put it to work thinning a couple acres of very crowded Fir on my neighbors property. 

2 Loads of pulp. Moderate ground. Flat up top but rolls over pretty good towards the bottom. Nailed it for weather window, no mud. Turning out really sharp. The very first lane I cut happened to line up their building site and re-opened their mountain view so that should make the locals happy. 

Stoneyacrefarm

Nice looking machine you have there. 
I really like the looks of the  440's and 540's. 
Enjoy running it.  8)
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Skeans1

https://youtu.be/UvyHeBhKPFY
About time to start flagging the rows for morning again not having day light kills production fast.

thecfarm

YoKid,welcome to the forum.
Been logging long? ;D
Yes on the view. We went for a ride the other day. Looks like someone bought a house lot and cut it off. Nice view of the river and hills. :o  We have been driving by there for years and had no idea what was behind those trees.

g_man

The other end of the spectrum from the good production rates and nice logs you guys show.  I have been doing some TSI work lately. Mostly involving the release of single trees that seem to hold hope of improving my poor woodlot in the future. Like this flagged red oak pole that has an old leaning birch topping it so the oak has no where left to go.

I had to turn the birch about 45 degrees to clear the oak and get a good lie.

I set a snatch block way back and winched the tree back and onto the trail by it's top. Then pulled it forward to the tractor.

It's only a pallet log and some firewood but it is great fun for this old geezer.

gg    

longtime lurker

Another one getting ready to launch with 48 ton on (actually about 54 but lets pretend we're running legal) One of the things with this super hard Aussie hardwood is the density - means not that much log volume to the trailer before you hit your weight.

Lot of guys are going this way around here now: log bolsters based on container twist locks set up on regular trailers. You lose some capacity compared to regular logging skels or jinkers but the versatility helps offset the seasonal/ intermittent nature of the work.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Thank You Sponsors!