iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fruit Cake 2018

Started by Magicman, December 13, 2018, 08:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I just ordered our Southern Supreme Fruit Cake for this year.  Southern Supreme
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

And from the title I feared you were making a comment about a political figure and were headed to the Woodshed.... :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

My wife is trying to buy fruit to make her own and she got the last container WalMart 25 miles away had yesterday. Our local Kroger does not stock it and I checked an IGA and they did not have any WalMart has more coming in so we will check next week when we are over there. She got two 1 lb Claxton which we also like at our local Kroger grocery store. One is still on the counter but his days are numbered.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Got three Old Fashion Claxton Fruit Cake, in the 12 oz size just a few days ago, two are remaining!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Claxton was once my favorite, until I got one from Collins Street Bakery.  That lasted only until I got one from Southern Supreme.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Don P

I thought there was just the one that keeps getting passed around :D
Years ago my wife would make several each Christmas using more dried fruit rather than as much candied fruit. They were different but I liked them, not so sweet as the store bought ones. Well, that and the brandy drizzled over them over the course of about a week for moistness made them pretty tasty.

DR_Buck

I like the old fashioned ones.   Just picked up a couple of them Yesterday.  I'm the only one that eats them at our place, so I get to enjoy them for a while.

I got one last week at Costco while we were there.  Not near as good as the old fashioned ones.  Way to gooey and sweet.   Ended up freezing most of it for when desperation sits in after the good ones are gone. 
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

samandothers

Our daughter in law turned us on to Southern Supremes. A fine Forestry Forum gent sent us one.  Mmmm, it was good!

moosehunter

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

CCCLLC

Hard to beat Southern Supreme. I end up at their open house and taste a little of everything.

WV Sawmiller

Moosey,

I saw your emoji and I bet you aren't cultured enough to eat grits either. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

lxskllr

I like Claxton. It tastes good, and comes in a manageable shape. I made the mistake of telling my mother I like fruit cake, and now get a huge Collins St cake every year. I have a half eaten one from two years ago I keep meaning to put out for the birds when winter's in full swing, and I have one that's still in the factory wrapping from last year. It's just too sweet to eat regularly. I can't get motivated to open it.

moosehunter

I do like grits. There isn't much I won't eat. Fruit cake is on the list. Cooked spinach is another, It's fine cold on a salad though.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!