iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Shop Vise for Dovetailing

Started by Andy White, September 10, 2014, 08:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

Still cleaning and rearranging the shop for an upcoming project that will require a large amount of dovetail joints.
I need a Moxon vertical vise. I had a large 8/4 Red Oak board all dried and ready to be cut.

Cut the three pieces and jointed and planed flat and square.

Now to the layout tools, and some thinking. Layed out the fixed rear chop, and drilled and countersunk a hole for the nuts. The Two Cherrys mortice cleaning chisel sure did come in handy for that job!

After cutting holes and sinking nuts flush, to the band saw for some rounding. When this was complete, time to assemble. Drill and countersink for two large screws to hold the rear table, and plug after.

Slotted front chop for racking end to end, and installed. Now to test it out. Works really well. I will need to glue the leather to the front chop, and stain and poly it up for the big job!

A really fun project and a real good addition to my arsenal for wood butchering!!! 8) 8) smiley_smash smiley_smash      Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jemclimber

Very nice, thanks for showing the pictures.
lt15

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dablack

Building my own house in East TX

Thank You Sponsors!