iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

storing valuable wood

Started by thedeeredude, February 25, 2008, 03:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

I gotta store some wood, ash,beech, maple, walnut.  It's for big turning blanks so 3-4" thick and 10-20" square with no bark.  They gotta stay outside, no room inside.  Theyre pretty green yet.  I've had them end sealed since they've been cut and I'm going to cut the blanks today and endseal the blanks themselves.  Do I have to worry about bugs at all?  From the looks none of the pieces are currently infested.  They're going to be kept out of the rain and sunshine but with adequate ventialation and air circulation.  They'll probably be stored for a couple weeks at least.  Thanks.

ohsoloco

If you're not storing it next to any infested wood, I don't think it would be a problem, especially since you said there's no bark on any of it.  Who's to say about the ash, though...the PPB's really love that stuff  :-\

thedeeredude

Yeah I know.  Its my favorite wood too.

metalspinner

QuoteI've had them end sealed since they've been cut and I'm going to cut the blanks today and endseal the blanks themselves.

Did I understand that you will be re-cutting these into smaller blanks?
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

thedeeredude

I have them in short log form as of now metalspinner, I'm going to cut the turning blanks out of those. 

Thank You Sponsors!