iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

quadco 5660 heads

Started by supertrucker, June 09, 2018, 05:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supertrucker

Any one with experience with these? they look awesome but doesn't seem like a lot out there or if there is not a lot of publicity.
2006 westernstar, 1989 LTL 9000, 3406B 425, 8LL, 1994 Stoughton chip wagon, 2011 John Deere 1510E, 2011 pmi trailer, 2003 serco 7000.

quilbilly

I think there was a guy on here who preferred the disk saws. Might have been ctllogger. Use the search function. I'm sure i have run across someone preferring them before.
a man is strongest on his knees

Skeans1

There was a few out here in the PNW but they all had problems cutting our longer lengths that we do out here. Plus they're super heavy and not very fuel efficient.

Riwaka

Processor heads are a continuously evolving technology. 
If purchasing a processing head new or used you need to check with the manufacturer what the current specs for the new head are and whether any/ some or all of the new spec parts might be available as upgrades for the used head.
Depending on what base you use, for some forestry machine combinations (base/ head) there are very few of them around to look at working, so it can be difficult to know what machine combination is going to be exactly right for your application/ conditions.

This has for the 5660 that there have been over 25 improvements. (similar weight to the risely rolly ll  disc saw version)
At least by having a bottom disc and a top saw it should reduce the amount of time searching around for chain that has been thrown off the bar.
http://www.quadco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Attachments-Guide-8.5x7_eng_low.pdf

Cat 521 with 5660 (260 hp net) many newer machines are now 300hp plus and larger hydraulic flows/ pressures than previously.
Cat 521 with quadco 5660 - YouTube

quilbilly

Skeans what was the deal with longer lengths? Too much weight on the machine?
a man is strongest on his knees

Skeans1

Bark slip is about 90% we shoot out to 41' so the wheel can slip more vs a 21' length. Out here even in thinnings we cut 33' and 37' a lot.

Thank You Sponsors!