iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wallensten or tajfun

Started by hogs4hobby, May 27, 2009, 01:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogs4hobby

i've narrow my search down to either a wallensten fx90 or a tajfun egv 40a2 3pt logging winch.
is anybody using these? or know anything about them? its alot of money to spend so i would to make sure they are worth it!

ID4ster

Well my brother wanted the Wallensten due to price. I liked the Tajfun due to the brake system and because I'd had the opportunity to use one. I've done a lot of skidding with a Farmi 351 and in the end we bought a used Fransgard V4000 which has worked very well for us. Not much help am I?
Bob Hassoldt
Seven Ridges Forestry
Kendrick, Idaho
Want to improve your woodlot the fastest way? Start thinning, believe me it needs it.

hogs4hobby

last minute unsupected change in my winch plans. i called labonville & they made me a deal on norse 450 with the hindge but plate i could not resist. so it looks like i will be getten a norse 450

thecfarm

That I can help you with.

I have used this winch hard.Hauled out a lot of big white pine with it.They all work just about the same. The butt plate you will like.I run 5 slides on mine.I made up 5 three foot chains.I do twitch out some small stuff at times.I got sick of pulling 5 feet of chain through the slide. Now it's down to inches or just a foot.Mine is on a 40hp Ford.One of the reasons we bought this is due to the high pulley on the mast.Most of the other brands are a good foot lower.Some of the others you could get the height,but you have to remove one of the pulleys to get the height we needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!