iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Gets a New Bow

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, February 07, 2018, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Paul has been wanting a bow ever since he saw one on a hunting channel when he was 6.
Every time we go to Cabelas or any hunt store, the bow section is where is always ends up before we leave.

A bow company found out about it.

So "Brokaw Bow and Arms" of Harrison, Michigan donated a bow, case and arrows to the cause.
It arrived today and lawd have mercy the youngen is going crazy.

We called the hunt store and set up a time for Saturday to take the bow in and have it tweaked and fitted for him and let him shoot in the range.

Thanks Jeff....President and Chief Bow Stringer.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Ive now got the biggest smile I've had this year, only tied with when I got my Magic Buck!    :)   Go get em Mr. Paul!  8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on February 07, 2018, 05:30:08 PM
Ive now got the biggest smile I've had this year, only tied with when I got my Magic Buck!    :)   Got get em Mr. Paul!  8)

I will Jeff ( from Paul) Thank you very much.  :)

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

WV Sawmiller

Now you've done it. Surveys show that one successful bow hunt is only slightly more addictive than cocaine. :D

Good luck and be careful with your new tool. Falling out of trees hurts.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bricklayer51

This is something and someone this young man will remember all his life.

Jeff

It was great to finally have a great place for that bow to go. My son doesn't hunt, and I had already given him a bow when I bought this golden eagle shortly before one of my shoulder injuries quite a few years ago, so he has one. Having had 5 shoulder operations over both shoulders, I was never able to hunt with it again. Its just stood lonely at the end of a closet waiting for the day some young man would come along and put it into action. Having read about where Mr. Widehead Poston Goat had tried to get one and then have it pretty much destroyed by someone dry firing it, It was a no brainer where this bow should go.

I cannot think of a finer place or hands for it to have ended up in.  :)

goose63

Jeff people you like make this world a great place  8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

timberking

Outstanding!!! The world needs more bowhunters. 

sandhills

DPatton

There are some things in life that a young man like Paul will remember forever. You just made one of those memories Jeff.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Southside

You walk the walk Jeff. Thank you.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

starmac

Good for Paul and kudus to Jeff for passing it along, helping getting a kid into hunting is always a good thing.

BUT be careful widehead, the term widehead has always been associated with a good rack among hunters.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Paul's kinda getting interested in old T-birds now.  :D :D :D :D

thecfarm

Oh the nerve of some kids.  ::)   :D   :D  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

Is Paul also starting to like Turbo 7's suddenly too?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Wildflower

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on February 09, 2018, 10:49:13 PM
Paul's kinda getting interested in old T-birds now.  :D :D :D :D
I love my T-bird. ;D.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Magicman

Jeff was kinda putting this plan together in his head when he was at my place so it's good to see it all work out.  Congrats to Paul.

Now 'bout dat MR Truck??   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

POSTON WIDEHEAD

fishpharmer

Tom would be proud of you Jeff, I am.  Reminds me why I love this place so much, even when I have little opportunity to revisit. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!