iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outdoor wood furnace

Started by dewwood, June 15, 2003, 06:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewwood

We have been looking at outdoor wood furnaces and I was wondering if anyone has comments either positive or negative about any particular brand and why.  We are looking to heat our home and shop.  

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dewey
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

EZ

Dewwood, go with a Hardy out side wood and coal, there all stainless steal. I've had mine for 8 yrs and no problems.
EZ

Neil_B

I've got one of Central Boilers units. 6 years old and still working as it did day one. They have combination furnaces out now that I may upgrade to eventually. Then maybe I can go away for a couple days in the winter :(
Apparently they are the most efficient furnace on the market so far. They offer stainless as well I believe.
Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

DanG

Have you thought of building your own? It can't be all that hard to build a fire under a pot of water and pump it through a radiator with a fan behind it. If you're handy with a welder, you could save thousands. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

breederman

I have a neighbor who did build one. He used two propane tanks, one inside the other.The thing does work,looks kind a funny though!

Together we got this !

Sawyerfortyish

I 've been looking at them to i went to a woodsmans show where ther was about 8 or 10 diferant companies displaying and central boiler looks to be the best one to clean or service. they all are in about the same price range some have nicer features than others so before you buy look at more than one or two

chet

My Central boiler has been great.    8)   I even run it all summer to heat my domestic hot water.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

dail_h

I'm real familiar with(everyday) a Babcock & Wilcock three drom watertube lowpressure vessel,capable of eighty thousand pounds of steam per hour at 165# on the gaugr,hafta use a CAT loader to fire it .Might be a bit much for home usehuh?
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Thank You Sponsors!