iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler eClassic 2400 blowing fuses

Started by Doug Dawson, January 25, 2019, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Dawson

Unit is about 6 years old and it was working until last week.

The fuse on the internal box, below the rocker switch, blows. The circuit breaker in the house does not.
I've read online that solenoids are a common issue.  So, I replaced all 3 of them with new solenoids.  Still blows the fuse.

Dealer on the phone told me that if I unplug the solenoids and the fuse still blows there is a wiring issue.
I unplugged them all and the fuse still blows.  I checked all the connections and it doesn't look like anything broke or came loose.

Any other solutions before I call the repairman and let him deal with it?

Southside

Not familiar with your unit, but what circuit does the fuse protect?  Does the fuse blow right off?  How many amps is the fuse? Is it a fan, circulator pump, or some other motor?  If so do you have a multi-meter and can check the amp pull for each of those motors? Can you check wiring for a rub or damage due to heat? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

boilerman101

Try uplugging one lead from each solenoid spade, make sure it does not ground. Also unplug fan and I think there is a transformer in the box for the LED's as well. Unplug transformer from the 110v side. Then reset breaker. Plug one back on a spade at a time until breaker trips again. If does not trip plug in fan. If does not trip plug in transformer. I imagaine the 5 amp breaker switch itself could have gone bad. I don't think there is much else unless the FireStar computer dead shorted, but that would be my last guess. try eliminating these components one at a time. Good luck, hope you find the bad component.

burnswin

My fuse blew Thursday and the Central 2400 is still out of service. The fuse holder actually burned and the outside of the junction box blackened. I put a new fuse holder and fuse in and power goes to the solenoids - they jump when turning on power - and the controller powers on. The system isn't functioning - the solenoids do not open nor does the fan come. The led lights do work.

When cleaning out the reaction chamber there was water in with the ash. Thursday we had a couple inches of rain. I'm thinking the rain had something to do with my troubles.

Is there something I'm missing or is it a bad controller? 

E Yoder

I hope it hasn't leaked low in water and overheated, melting a wire?
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

Thank You Sponsors!