iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going Fishing

Started by crtreedude, June 25, 2005, 06:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crtreedude

Now, this sounds like a simple thing - but here it is not. I am going down to the second finca to go fishing today with the caretaker who says he always catches fish and is preparing to have a fish fry. I hate to disappoint him, but with me with him, we might get skunked!  :D

We are fishing for Salvalos - a silvery fish that spawns in mountain river, between 12 to 24 inches long. He will be using a handline most likely, I will be using fishing rod and reel and everything I could buy from Bass Proshops - guess who is probably going to do better.  :-\

Yes FDH, I am bringing the camera. I hope to have a report later today - if I get back in one piece.  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Fla._Deadheader

Don't let the Caiman getcha.  :o ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Furby

I thought that's what he was fishing for and them little silvery fish was bait.
I had an image of the caretaker hand lining the caiman, while Fred was getting whiplashed with the Bass Proshops combo. ;D

crtreedude

Yes! I caught a keeper!  And Justiniano was skunked. A gringo wins for a change.

It wasn't very big - about 12 pulgadas, but it was fun on light tackle.  Justiniano said it was a bad day to catch fish - but I told him it was a good day to go fishing. :-)

It is pretty surreal to be fishing while Howler monkeys are making a racket all around you.

The river was beautiful, like always. Next time I am bringing a minnow trap and catching me some little fish for bait - we were use chicken entrails, but the minnows love them too. I need something bigger to only get the big ones.

I am sorry to disappoint you, but no caimans - this is a mountain river - the water is too swift.

Buzz-sawyer

Ill believe it when I see the pic :D :D :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

crtreedude

Nope, no pictures of the fish - but some pretty good pictures of other things.

Fla._Deadheader

Y'all ever notice that Fred never has the pics that WE want to see ???  ::) :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Furby

Sure Fred.............
"I caught a keeper, nope no pics. That's ok though I DID have a witness". ::)

Fisherman's creed:
Early to bed,
early to rise,
fish all day,
and make up lies! ;) ;D

crtreedude

Hey, I got a witness.

1. He speaks only Spanish,
2. Lives in Costa Rica
3. And his entire livelyhood depends on me.

Sounds like a good witness to me.  ;D

Furby

Larry

The only time a fisherman lies is when his lips are moving. 

When going fishing I make it a point to leave the camera, tape measure, and scales at home...way to much equipment and weight.  I can easily estimate the fish's weight and length without all that fancy stuff. :D ;D :D ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

crtreedude

I can see a another trip just to silence the unbelivers is necessary.  ::)

It's a hard job, but someone has to do it.  8)

Minnesota_boy

Who are you taking for a witness this time?  ;D ;D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

crtreedude

The camera will be the witness - of course fairly soon FDH will probably be here, and of course he will be considered a proper witness - right?!

Buzz-sawyer

For the defense OR for the prosecution? :D :D :D :D :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

beenthere

Good one Buzz  :D :D
Speakin of fishin, seems that the last we heard from cktate was some talk about 'fishin'.
That was about 14 days ago, and I'm wonderin if he is okay. Guess I'd have to say I'm a bit worried about him, haveta admit.
Anyone any ideas?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

crtreedude

According to his stats he was on 6/25 but he didn't post anything. I hope he got so interested in talking about fishing he went and did some.

Thank You Sponsors!