iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT-40 Moveable Bed Rails?

Started by wetdog, July 11, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wetdog

Has anyone with one of the older LT-40's modified the moveable bed rails on each end to the ones that are on the newer mills?

Dave Shepard

The main frame of the mill is different on the newer mills. The newer style rails would be unsupported on an older mill.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

drobertson

wetdog, just wondering what you are thinking here, are the current ones no longer usable? can you send a photo of what you have now?  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

wetdog

Quote from: drobertson on July 11, 2013, 06:03:03 PM
wetdog, just wondering what you are thinking here, are the current ones no longer usable? can you send a photo of what you have now?  david
Not able to send a photo but mine are the old type, the ones with the flat bar gusset. I bought the mill used and they are bent beyond repair. I was wondering if anyone had installed the new type on one of the old mills and welded in braces for the adjusting bolts to slide on.

drobertson

Hear ya, just thinking you could do some mods yourself,  run a string and make the mod to keep the rails level,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!