iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

northeast rain

Started by Cedarman, May 15, 2006, 07:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

How you folks doing up northeast with all the rain?  The news is telling us that everything is under water.  Hope you are high and dry.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

woodsteach

You all are in our prayers.

woodsteach
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

wiam

Where I am on the Eastern side of VT,2/3 of the way up we did not get enough rain to flood.  I was in down in Stratford on Sunday and rivers were very high.

Will

RSteiner

Over in the southwest corner of New Hampshire where the  floods destroyed many homes and left 4 dead we are fine.  It has been just a nice soaking rain which we really needed so far.

Just south and east of here they have not been as lucky.  Many roads are under water and people have had to be evacuated from their homes.  The rain is supposed to taper off today but many rivers and streams are over their banks and the high water mark in not supposed to happen until some time Tuesday afternoon.

I can't help but wonder if some of the blame for flooding rests on the fact that many cities have created nice pond bottoms with all the pavement on streets and parking lots.  Much of the ground that would have soaked up the rain is covered now.  As well many have built homes in low areas along rivers and streams or flood plains because they liked being near the water.  So when you get more than usual rain the water it becomes a problem.

I guess the old saying is true you can't fool mother nature.

Randy
Randy

sawguy21

It seems the older generation moved from low lying areas because of flooding and now the yuppies are building trendy homes in the same spots. Then they holler at the government to protect them. In the city I used to live in, a former mayor was one of them ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

woodmills1

glad you asked.

I am on the top of a hill so personally its ok but.........

yard is completley soaked so wont be doing anything with wheeled vehicles for a bit  and have some ponds that never were.  left a garbage can open and it is over half full.

At one point all the possible paths away from my house were flooded so we had to hunker down for 2 days.

However the immediate area is quite devasted huge craters that used to be culvert crossings    merrimack river at 8 feet over flood stage   many evacuted but so far no deaths   huge amounts of road and property damage  golf course under so much water can barley see the flag on the pin.  North eastern mass is even worse with the town of peobody closed as well as hookset in NH   check out Lowell and lawrence mass for possible dam falures.

definatly the most rain I have seen here in my time
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Engineer

I'm over here close to Albany, NY.   It's been spittin' and sprinklin' for days, and once in a bit we get a steady rain for an hour or two.  Nothing really bad.  Ground is still dry, the local fire departments are still banning open burning of brush,  and I managed to mow the lawn twice already.   It just started a steady rain about fifteen minutes ago, I expect it'll stop sometime this afternoon.  The coast is getting hammered, not us in western VT and MA.

Mr Mom

I am not that far east but it has rained every day for what feels like a month >:( >:(.

My dad has a saying every time that he comes over to talk when it rains alot and he cant get outside to do somthing....Cant dance and to wet to plow.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

mike_van

Jon, down where I am the fire index will be a non-factor for a month - since last Fri, we've had 5" of rain, more coming. You'll need more than 1 match to get a pile going now! :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

SwampDonkey

It's just started raining here at noon today, like a monsoon. But, the weather man says 0.5 inches in the forecast for us. In southern Maine and a bit more south they've had over 12 inches.  :o
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tim L

I live above Concord and things are pretty bad (roads washed etc..) but we have done ok here. The American spirit is alive and well in New England.
Do the best you can and don't look back

Thank You Sponsors!