iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big wood for the northeast

Started by madmari, November 21, 2011, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmari

Just finished a small lot w/big trees. Had to cut a 16' to 12' so the loader could lift it to the truck. Log scaled 770bf.
Sure is nice to fill a truck in 4 hrs, handsawing. That was white pine and aged 145 years. Felled some oak that was as impressive- clear, no mineral stain. What a hoot. 21 logs scaled 6200 bf, filled the truck.

Nice break from pine pulp ;D
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

Autocar

Nice logs if you don't watch it your get spoiled  :D I know I am, and it won't be to many years and I will be cutting alot smaller trees so enjoy it while you have them  ;D.
Bill

PAFaller

Bet you wish you had more of those...like a months worth! 8)
It ain't easy...

Bert

Cutting big trees is great. Alot less work and much better payday. We got into a nice deal with some 30" diameter white oak and 70' tall. 10 trees and you have nice load of sawlogs. If it isnt 16" around here- forget about getting any kind of price out of it.
Saw you tomorrow!

madmari

13" hardwood is the break point here. Less than that we let it grow, except for culls. Amazing how diameter affects scale. Hopefully, the next guy to cut these lots will appreciate our discretion :)

woodmills1

I cut 5 pine logs this morning on the woodmizer before the feast

two 30 minutes 2 26 minutes one 31 minutes
that is cut, edged and sticker stacked

difference was 4 were 80 bd ft scaled and near 100 cut

the 31 minute log 160 scaled 210 cut

diameter makes all the difference
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

captain_crunch

sorry but can't help myself

proably about the biggest logs I loaded when I ran old Link-Belt 98 Boss was only 5'2
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

madmari

And we're all so hung up on length 8)

Nice pic's Cap't Crunch!

I added 4' of chain to my chokers for that job. The 230 TJ took it all in stride, albiet in a lower gear. Good traction on the rear wheels when you lift those up to the fairlead.

Thank You Sponsors!