iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Very sick of this weather!!

Started by Woodhauler, January 13, 2014, 05:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

33 out right now! Going to try and get one load this morning if the wood yard i'm going on is not all mud!! >:(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

CTL logger

Me too!!! I can't remember the last time we had a good solid winter, I'm thinking it's been 10 years. 35° here going to try to work today. Good luck.

RayMO

Soupy mud here Saturday but 60 sunny and very windy Sunday. Hope the mud settled and dried a bit as could not even get my 4x4 pickup through the gate into pasture/landing Saturday.
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

Autocar

Mud here also and the long term weather dosen't look good.
Bill

CTL logger

41° and raining here in Pa boy it's not January here.

KyLogger

I agree! I have a theory that there is a direct link between winter logging and alcholism ;) I bet if you look back the first "alcoholic" was some guy trying to log in the winter! Rained all day here and 50f out. The best part was when I blew a steering cylinder hose on the way up a 30 percent grade.......in the mud.....I had to lay on my back (thank god I had a rainsuit) under the skidder and pull the cylinder out. There is a fine line between stupidity and dedication.....I am trying to figure out which one qualifies today. But hey, the thought of poverty is an excellent motivator! If only our gvt. agreed!

Here's to dry weather, good whiskey and open mills!

Tom
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

Southside

Its the same crap everywhere.  Rain here every other day all last winter, spring, summer, and this fall, so the ground was saturated, and now all winter its the same.  Got a few days of cold last week and the d@##$#% center manifold in the processor decides to crap out, of course nobody has the seals on the shelf, had to order them, got it all back together this evening - the OSB I threw down under the machine was so much nicer than the mud I had been lying in.  Of course now - its going to rain the rest of the week.   >:(
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

chevytaHOE5674

Come on UP, winter is in full swing and the plowed roads are hard as a rock. Our issue has been being able to keep equipment and guys working in the deep snow and brutal cold weather.

Maine logger88

My wood yard was under 6 inches of water this morning this weather is no fun
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Woodboogah

Yup, it's a mess.  Had to quit yesterday due to mud.  Really putting a damper on production.  Going to see if I can find a piece of high ground on the lot I am on today.  Looking at a topo it's not to promising.  Be safe everyone
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

plasticweld

I should be working right now, rain and 40 degrees after a warm couple of days my jobs are both a mess with mud, I don't want to ruin the roads or produce a bunch of wood rolled in mud it only makes for mad customers, " the pallet mill does not have a de-barker" I will probably head out later and just put on wood on the ground to skid when it freezes up again in  week, the weather here for the next few days is not good

kensfarm

Rained all day Sat... rained Mon. night.. Tue. rain all day.. Wed. frozen mix.  There's water running out over this one field I cross when it's dry... suppose to get colder as the week goes by.. maybe w/ some wind & cold it could be dry enough for this weekend.  Being stuck in the mud is no fun when your working alone..  might end up having to walk home.   

This is a picture when its dry.

David-L

Raining hard and mud is everywhere. Can't seem to get much started and when I do the weather whacks me. Same thing happened with haying this year and the vegetables also. It can only get better at this point.

David
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Woodboogah

Tried to make the best of it today.  No skidding that's for sure.  Mud and more mud.  Put a lot of wood on the ground in hopes of it freezing up soon.  We shall see.  I need to seriously think about diversifying, maybe get back into residential tree work as much as I hate all the BS that comes with it the money is there.  Hopefully we get a good month of good cold weather. 
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

treeslayer2003

it has rained all day........again. :(

Birchwood Logging

Has the market went up any due to the weather this winter? I know here the white oak market has went up some but it dose no good if you can't get the wood out
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

treeslayer2003

yup, they all screaming for wood of any kind.....fat lotta good it does if ya can't get it out.

Southside

Another 3/4" inch of rain today, and still 36 deg right now.  Serviced the equipment and went and looked at 325 acres of a second thinning contract that I am supposed to get onto, - water running right down the haul road and red clay grease where the water was not running - it will be a while before I can think of getting there. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

coxy

Quote from: kensfarm on January 14, 2014, 10:37:08 AM

Rained all day Sat... rained Mon. night.. Tue. rain all day.. Wed. frozen mix.  There's water running out over this one field I cross when it's dry... suppose to get colder as the week goes by.. maybe w/ some wind & cold it could be dry enough for this weekend.  Being stuck in the mud is no fun when your working alone..  might end up having to walk home.   

This is a picture when its dry.
that's a good load on that trailer  :laugh: :laugh:

Woodhauler

Another day of setting home! 33 degrees and most of the roads are posted now!!  Can't haul unless they are froze!!   >:(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

HiTech

We had a week of of sub zero weather, then a Blizzard and 4 foot of snow, then a thaw and rain and the snow all went, the ground is like a wet sponge. The road is soooo muddy we don't dare drive on it. Mother Nature seems to have a plan this year but I am not sure for who. lol You can't go drop a bunch of trees as they would probably freeze in before you could get to them. Not a good winter so far. From what i am seeing and reading it is widespread, many states affected.

Autocar

Still a mess around here, looked at timber yesturday south of me there wasn't any snow in the woods a few miles north and it was snow covered but the feilds were thawed out and was a muddy mess.
Bill

kensfarm

Quote from: coxy/quote]that's a good load on that trailer  :laugh: :laugh:

Yea.. I'm def. guilty.. the trailer bed is 20ft.. I think those logs were 27..  normally I cut at 21ft.. but try to max. bdft. /grade too.  Back home I just stack at that length..  then cut down to size once I know what I'm milling.  Small potatoes compared to you guys.. but I really enjoy it.  :) 

Woodhauler

Still setting home!!! 2 loads this week so far! Down from what should be 15 or so!!  Can't even ice fish!!  >:(

goose63

Blizzzzzard here today no travel schools shut down DanG is summer ever gona get here?
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!