iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Indoor wood boiler comparison

Started by treetech, January 04, 2005, 04:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treetech

Does anyone know of a good site where I can go to get information comparing different indoor wood boilers. I have to replace my existing wood boiler and I am looking for a more efficient boiler than the one that I now have. :P My old boiler is not too bad when it is cold, but when it is cold and windy it can't keep up. Also the burn time seems to be short for the amount of wood I put into it. How efficient are the gassification furnaces? Are they high maintenance? Heeellllppp!!!    ??? :-/

IndyIan

Hi Treetech,

Do some searches for outdoor boilers here and you'll find some info on indoor boilers.  Quite a few have them here.  I don't have an indoor or outdoor boiler but from all my research the indoor ones are way (like 2 or 3 times) more efficient but require good dry wood.

Ian

treetech

Does anyone on the forum have any experience with gasification wood furnaces? How do you like them? Are they safe? Do you need two flues? Did it reduce your wood consumption? Does anyone know of any models besides "The wood gun" and the "Tarm". I have e-mailed both these companies to get info but they havent gotten back to me yet. I would love to get an opinion from someone who is using one and not trying to sell one!
Walter

treetech

Man!! I don't know where that thumbs down symbol came from. I didn't want to start the discussion off on a negative note. Sorry if it offends anyone.
Walter

chet

Walter,
I fixed yer thumb for ya.  ;D   Mark M  is our gasification expert.  :D  :D  OH, and he has one of dem furnaces too.  :)  Until he finds this thread, check out this one. He describes his furnace some. https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=general;action=display;num=1097433946
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

treetech

Thank You Sponsors!