iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

john deer 648d

Started by redbone, April 08, 2019, 10:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbone

hi
new to the forum,inherited this grapple skidder and don't know to much about it,the grapple closes very slow but opens fine,read somewhere to try swapping hoses and now it closes fast and opens slow is there somewhere else i can check?  also where to check the differancial for fluid level and fill.
this skidder is mechanical.

Firewoodjoe

Never been around a 648 that old but maybe check the linkage is fully pushing/pulling the spool for the grapple would be a start and the newer Deere's had a plug in the back diff. Removed a guard below the arch and those model pumped it through the differential lock line I believe. Maybe someone else will chime in. Good luck.

redbone

i will check that out this weekend,just trying to get this thing working right so it can be sold.

redbone

checked out the linkage and was fine,but i noticed the middle plunger was not going down as far as the other two. disconnected the linkage and tried pushing it down with a pry bar and seems to be jamming up  or something is broke? does anybody know if these can be removed from the valve without removing the whole control valve.thanks mike

Thank You Sponsors!