iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Comments please

Started by Happycamper, October 08, 2013, 10:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happycamper

Frank,
  I'm sure the Milwaukee electric would be a good unit but I want the saw to be more (portable) so elect. was out. I do have 110 at the mill for overhead lights so that was no problem.

Chain Saw dog,
  I'll keep a sharp chain on the saw so that hopefully will eliminate the need for the spikes. It is a small saw and motor so forcing it should not be done. In fact the motor is not larger than some that are put in model airplanes.
                                          Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Happycamper

The Verdict is in.  With the new 170 I sawed up a trailer load of slabs from the mill, trimmed the ends off several 4 X 4's, 2 X 6"s and cut a 12" 8ft. Fir log into firewood. The saw preformed very well by just letting the chain take the saw down, pressure not required. Thought I should stop before I ran dry of fuel and refueled, plus chain oil, it was still half full of fuel and oil, it appears to be a real mizer. So I think it will serve me well plus I sure like the weight of it.
                                    Jim

chainsaw dog

JIM I M  HAPPY TO HEAR UR ENJOYING UR LITTLE SAW.I JUST PUT THE SPIKES ON TOPROTECT THE FRONT OF THE SAW MORE.DO THE NEW 170. STILL HAVE THE SIGHTGLASS FOR GAS AND OIL? I BLOW MINE DOWN WITH AIR GUN THEN WIPE IT DOWN WITH ALCOHOL OR AWESOME ANDOF COURSE RUN IT DRY IF I M NOT GOIN TO USE IT FOR A WEEK.I  MIGHT DIE TOMORROW SO I DON T WANT MY SAWS TO DIE FROM BAD GAS. HA HA!!
New saws don't have personalities until they're old

Happycamper

Chain Saw Dog,
  No sight glass on the saw. As far as the gas in the saw, there is a stabilizer in the Stihl oil so I suspect the gas should be good for several weeks without problems if left in the saw. They do recommend 89 plus octane fuel.
                                              Jim

chainsaw dog

TO BAD ABOUT NO SIGHT GLASS IT WAS NICE TO JUST LOOK DOWN AN SEE HOW MUCH FUEL AN OIL U HAVE LEFT. GUESS I M OVER CAUTIOUS ABOUT E 2 GAS .I ONLY MIX WHAT I THINK I M GOIN TO USE FOR THE DAY.Q T OR HALF GAL GATORADE BOTTLES. ARE GOOD FOR THAT.I USE 91OCT.U

giant splinter

Jim,
I am not sure if you have looked at the Stihl ms 192 t it is an "in the tree saw" this is a saw that is smaller and shorter than most and the handle is on the top rather than the rear allowing you so use it with one or both hands, in a tree or on the ground with ease. I use it for limbing and trimming as well as around the mill for cutting slabs to firewood length, it is light and powerful as well as handy and the price is not at all out of line for what you get.
OOPS! looks like you found the one you needed. ;D       GS
roll with it

beenthere

Why is chainsaw dog shouting in his posts?  (i.e. all caps)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chainsaw dog

,Hey beenthere l m not shouting .maybe my eyes ain t a good as yours.zzO K. IS THAT A PROBLEM??????

Paul_H

Yes,it is irritating and posting in caps probably doesn't help your vision any but I do understand what you are trying to say.You can set your computer to enlarge text for reading.I've needed to do just that when reading the forum without my reading glasses.

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Happycamper

Chain Saw Dog,
  You are correct the sight windows are there for fuel and oil, I hadn't noticed them yet. There a great idea.
                                        Jim

Thank You Sponsors!