iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nothing is just.....Simple

Started by Magicman, June 10, 2017, 09:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Nothing complicated about making a trip to the Cabin for a couple of days to cut the grass.  Finishing up would be a simple matter today except...

Except when I walked to the tractor this was smiling at me.  No bushhogging for me today.   :-\

Take it off and manage to load it onto the trailer by myself, and I have no FEL.  Did you see it?

OK, a closer look.  DanG piece of wire from who knows where.   :-\    :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dgdrls

Didn't this happen earlier in the year as well?

D

Chuck White

In reality though, if the tire isn't loaded, it's not much of a job to fix it!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Yup Chuck, and the younger you are the easier it is to say that. 

d, it was last year, but is seems like only yesterday.  I had a front and rear that time. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Darrel

The rain failed to keep you from working so the wire decided to pick up where the rain left off.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

yukon cornelius

It seems you were meant to something else today. Are your tires fluid filled?
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

newoodguy78

I second what Yukon said. Aggravating no doubt but everything happens for a reason. Don't be afraid to slow down and enjoy the cabin.

coxy

I hate flat sneakers  >:(  a few years back had a skidder tire that would go flat every few days had that thing apart 3 times  finely found a thorn in the tire :o never thought they would poke through a skidder tire

Magicman

Actually we did slow down and had that "Boil" that I put in the Food board.   :)

No, they are not filled/loaded.

red

Everything happens for a reason.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

tree-farmer

Re: Everything happens for a reason.
I remember a story from 9-11, here is short version.

New wife, bad cook
Ate dinner anyway
Gastric attack on train
Soiled pants
Return home
Not in office that was hit
Never will complain about wifes cooking.

We never know in most cases what the other out come may be.

Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

WDH

Next time I come over to steal saw get some walnut, I want some of that Low Country Boil ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dan_Shade

My dad always left a tractor wheel on the axle when changing tires, cut down on a lot of heavy lifting
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

slider

After trucking for over 40 years i have seen things puncture tires that you think was not possible.
al glenn

Magicman

I figured that it would cost $50 to fix the tire but I did not count on the additional $56 for a new tube.  The tube had been patched many times (think Honey Locust) so eventually there are patches on patches.   :-\

Anyway, the tire is holding air and loaded back onto the trailer for a trip to the Cabin.

Peter Drouin

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D The old tube thing.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Darrel

Nothing is just.....Simple or inexpensive. 

I'll bet the wire found one of the old honey locust holes and just worked its way in.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Jeff

We had the same issues. Quick trip to the cabin to open it and mow. Hauled the 8n up. Flail mower idler went out, blew the belt no close parts up there, so gas burning and time burni g was prevalent.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

samandothers

Couple of years ago bushogging and noticed a bit of a lean.  Found wire in fill rear.  Basically parked with wire on top and called a mobile service. I did not want to attempt the repair. ???

Magicman

I quit filling my tires several years ago because there is no one to call and it is just me.  I have loaded/hauled my last flat filled tire.   :-\

paul case

Quote from: Magicman on June 10, 2017, 10:40:00 PM

d, it was last year, but is seems like only yesterday. 

aint reminiscin fun?

I cant tell you how many of them my dad and I have wrestled. That was just to prove we were tough. We could have paid someone to fix them but that would usually blow a whole day and we didnt have that kind of daylight to burn.

I am glad you got her fixed and may your next trip to mow be much more productive.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

maple flats

I quit filling tires after getting 3 flats from driving over smallish slightly pointed stumps. They puncture a tire real easily. Then I stopped filling them and I have not gotten that type of flat since (about 30-35 years). It seems an unloaded tire has some give and will walk over such unseen hazards but the loaded tire has no give so it punctures the tire. If you need weight, add dry weight (wheel weights, suitcase weights or a weight box) and you'll get fewer punctures from stumps, however a nail, screw, wire and other metal pointed object will still get in if given a chance and if at "wrong angle".
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!