iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sinker cypress!!!!

Started by mattyboy88, January 14, 2017, 07:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattyboy88

I haven't been on here since 2013. Well I'm back and finally opened up some of my sinker logs and have lots to talk about and to show.

sandsawmill14

welcome back and how about some pics ???
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

mattyboy88

I'm trying to remember how. Every time I try to post pics, it just takes me to my gallery.

mattyboy88

Can someone tell me how to add pics to my posts? When I click the "add pictures to post" button, all it does is take me to the gallery and the image uploader.

mattyboy88

mattyboy88

mattyboy88

mattyboy88

mattyboy88

mattyboy88

mattyboy88

WDH

Nothing can rival nature for color, texture, and beauty. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Now that is nice looking!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandsawmill14

mattyboy88

I love the colors it absorbs. Never seen anything like it.

sandsawmill14

CCC4

Ok so I gotta play Devil's advocate and ask how the market is holding. It would seem that if you are doing craft work that the logs aren't selling. Or you are very smart and maximizing the profits by selling finished pieces. I'm not trying to be an ass here just curious. I have always been very skeptical about this market after watching Ax Men on TV. All those $10,000 logs and you are cutting yours into tables.

mattyboy88

The market is very good! This was just a smaller log that I wanted to cut up myself and make a few couch tables and wood burnings. This is just one log out of 1000's

Magicman

I love to saw stinker sinker Cypress.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I'm not trying to start anything either,but I wonder if those $10,000 logs on Ax Man have some relations to that 600 pound alligator that I saw being loaded into a back of a pickup by 2 men.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tareece

Nice pics of great cypress... 8)
Todd Reece
Lover of many things. Experienced in most... expert in few

mattyboy88

I've never come across one in the water while diving. I worked at an alligator farm for few years and I wouldn't be able to handle anything over 6 foot. That's when they get hard to deal with. 

mattyboy88

mattyboy88

this is what a 10,000$ sinker cypress log looks like.

Briankinley2004

What part of n e Louisiana you in?  I'm in Calhoun area

Magicman

Here is a Sinker Cypress job that I sawed:  LINK  The logs are shown on Reply #19 and the sawing really begins on Reply #41.

These logs came from the "foot" portion of Louisiana.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mattyboy88

Brian: good ole west monroe! Not far from you
Magic man: that pecky looks awesome!

Thank You Sponsors!