iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Amazing trailer riser bunks!

Started by hackberry jake, October 08, 2015, 10:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

Are you constantly banging up your trailer fenders with logs or tractor forks? Well say no more! I have the solution for you! The amazing trailer riser bunks! Raises the working height of your trailer about 1" above the fenders making clearance for forks and with the side stops, the logs can't roll into the fenders anymore. Order today while supplies last!

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Percy

If I pay for shipping, do I get an extra set for free.....like if I order right now???? Next 60 seconds?? :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Sixacresand

Looks good.  I can imagine the inventory is what we see in the Photo.  :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

rasman57

Just in time too.  Sure don't want anything dinging up those fenders.   Great idea.

beenthere

How many loads of logs have you hauled with those riser bunks? just curious....
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

smoker62

hackberry jake

Quote from: rasman57 on October 08, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Just in time too.  Sure don't want anything dinging up those fenders.   Great idea.
:D
Quote from: beenthere on October 08, 2015, 01:01:27 PM
How many loads of logs have you hauled with those riser bunks? just curious....
Year to date? Mumble mumble_carry the one _mumble mumble... Zero. Are you saying they may not hold up?

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

sandsawmill14

if they dont hold up you can use what i do 2  7x9 rr ties with a 4x6 on top of them for clearance for the forks ( my forks are 3" thick) you may only need a 2x6 instead of 4x6 :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

ladylake

I'd almost bet they wouldn't hold up to real life abuse, railroad ties would.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

red

Not hold up?   They are held together with Gorilla Glue
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

drobertson

they will work, but some blocking would sure be easier,, unloaded too many to  count from those utility trailors.  Fenders just stink but it's all many folks have, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Delawhere Jack

Can I pay for them in E-Z monthly payments?

21incher

I'll take mine in JD green. Looks like it is to late to save those fenders. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Glenn1

Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

Larch

I owned a non deckover trailer once.  ONCE!!!

Jemclimber

My fenders don't look as nice as yours. They've been reshaped many more times. :D
lt15

fishfighter

As rough as my tree guy is, I would give those bunks about one load before they collapse. And yes, he banged up a fender the other day. :D

WV Sawmiller

Jake,

You have restored my faith in the common man!

I look at all these fancy sanded, stained, polished and varnished wood projects with tight fitting dove-tailed and tenoned joints with precise measurements made by these super duper wood workers who post on this site and it is refreshing to finally see someone actually post who has carpentry skills on par with my own.

Keep up the good work (Oh- and keep your hands and feet out from under that contraption when in use).
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

The term "Redneck" keeps coming to my mind, and that is a high compliment.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

hackberry jake

They worked great! I did break one of the end stops when I let a log go too violently, but I will re-engineer that feature.

deadfall

Still, a squint in the crystal ball and I see beefier ones when you build your next set. 
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

sandsawmill14

jake just becareful braking and going up/down hill is where trouble is most likely to happen. if they happened break over the chains and the logs would be loose. could be very bad :o
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Larry

I used to haul grade walnut to a big mill to sell wholesale once a week.  The mill had a forklift with 8' forks and they liked to pick up a load in one nice swoop to take it directly to the grader.  Hands never touched the lumber in this operation.

I had to adapt my trailer in a similar manner.

That old saying, poor people have poor.....
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!