iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cut 1st back stop in 4 years

Started by xlogger, May 25, 2014, 07:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Well it was about time I did it. but I was cutting a maple slab today and miss the 1st stop so I didn't watch for anymore till I heard it hit. Some how my first back stop got lower than the other 2 and I hit the second one. I got to find my book to see best way to adjust it. If anyone of you with a TK2000 knows let me know and I'll fix it tomorrow, probably not a hard fix. By the way it was not a new blade but one that only been sharpen once. >:( Ricky
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

kelLOGg

I'd be pretty pleased if it had been 4 years since I hit a backstop ;D  Sounds like your backstops are ganged together. I'm sure you'll figure it out. 

I enjoyed your visit a couple of weeks or so ago.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Ga Mtn Man

I think you get a pass for hitting one due to mechanical issues. smiley_thumbsup

My memory's  a little fuzzy on  this but as I recall you just raise the stops all the way up and and adjust the bottom chain tensioning nut to raise/lower the stop and then take any slack or excess tension out using the top tensioning nut.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

xlogger

thanks I'll give that a try. sure surprise how deep I cut into the backstop. Didn't know I could sharpen a blade that good :D
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

ladylake

If your log stop chain was a little loose it might have slipped a cog, if so just loosen it up a little more and put back on the right cog.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

woodmills1

So, now that you cut into her she really is yours. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!