iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

homemade circle mill 25"blade gets hot and dishes

Started by buildthisfixthat, September 20, 2010, 08:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buildthisfixthat

ahah now that my blade stays cold and flat thank you to all forum responders made targeting my problem a easy bullseye ,(toothset)i almost threw in the towel on 4 weeks of enginerring and fabracating .now that im sawing logs into lumber ,whats the average time it takes to saw lets say 6"dia 10 foot long log into a 4x4 ?my time is 10 minutes from dogging to done .what do you think also carpenter metioned inertia =torque im looking for a bit more torque i have a flywheel from a model a weight is about 30 lbs was thinking to put it on the arbor ? any ideas as to ideal placement ? jackshaft ?end of arbor . how will it relate to h/p 
shop built bandsaw mill

Tim

Eastern White Cedar Shingles

Ron Wenrich

Quote from: buildthisfixthat on September 28, 2010, 11:11:06 AM
ahah now that my blade stays cold and flat thank you to all forum responders made targeting my problem a easy bullseye ,(toothset)i almost threw in the towel on 4 weeks of enginerring and fabracating .now that im sawing logs into lumber ,whats the average time it takes to saw lets say 6"dia 10 foot long log into a 4x4 ?my time is 10 minutes from dogging to done .what do you think also carpenter metioned inertia =torque im looking for a bit more torque i have a flywheel from a model a weight is about 30 lbs was thinking to put it on the arbor ? any ideas as to ideal placement ? jackshaft ?end of arbor . how will it relate to h/p 

I average 5-6 lines/minute and that includes turning.  Also, that's in oak.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

For clarification in case its not clear what a line is, Its the sawing pass and return of the saw.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

I can break a 16" diam x 14' long big tooth aspen down completely into 2"X10"s in 9 mins from the time the log is dogged until I release the dog board  :)  My offbearer did the timing  :)  I guess I wasn't sawing fast enough if he had time for that  eh eh
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Reddog

Quote from: Corley5 on September 28, 2010, 09:54:05 PM
I guess I wasn't sawing fast enough if he had time for that  eh eh

You sure work your dad hard.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!