iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally Arrived

Started by YellowHammer, February 07, 2015, 11:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

I finally received my custom New Holland tractor and loader after waiting nearly 7 months for it to get built and shipped across the ocean.  Its a special order machine specially customized for loader work with about twice the lifting capacity (and beefed up dual hydraulics, stronger front and rear end) of a normal tractor of this model.  It has a self leveling loader where the forks stay at the same angle no matter the height of the loader. Hydraulic shuttle shift means no more clutching from forward to reverse, and besides the quick detach forks and bucket, I also bought this extreme duty demolition grapple that can supposedly crush concrete (haven't tried that) and I used it to pick up log cutoffs, stumps, and other sawmill byproduct.  Its been pretty handy for pulling small trees out of the ground  ;D.
It also does farm work. ;D
Here's a couple pictures

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

barbender

Wow! You're not messing around, YH. Nice looking machine, and look out Customsawyer ;D
Too many irons in the fire

BCsaw

Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

mad murdock

Oh the smells of new paint and new rubber!! Congrats! 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

drobertson

8) Happy for you!  nice, and wow! on that log!  must have a good lift capacity?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

There!!! You really have a machine there. And than some.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

What a ride!   Nice rig.   You'll not have an issue moving logs are clearing brush.

slider

al glenn

Peter Drouin

Good for you . How many horses?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Is that cherry?!

Nice tractor, too  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ozarkgem

sweet. Where are NH's made? you said overseas and just wondering where. You will like the grapple for cleaning up. 4x4 a big plus.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Chuck White

That's a real beauty there YH!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bruno of NH

Nice unit that will move some wood ! Good buy YH
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

YellowHammer

Quote from: WDH on February 08, 2015, 08:08:27 AM
Is that cherry?!
Yes, about 18 foot long, didn't have a knot on it.  My old rig wouldn't have completely lifted it, this tractor didn't even sway or make the hydraulics change pitch.

It was assembled in Italy, not sure why, and I got to work with the president of the local New Holland mega dealership and corresponded with New Holland engineers to spec out a rig that had the lifting strength of a backhoe with the flexibility and versatility of a farm tractor.  They sell a few of this configuration in Europe, but this was the only one of its kind in the U.S. and there was only one in Canada.  I know this because as the months dragged on, I asked if there was another of this configuration that they could just ship me, and the answer was nope.  So I just had to keep waiting.  Its even got slightly wider than normal front tires to keep from sinking into the mud carrying a heavy load.
I have to admit, its really nice to drive, I have spent a little too much time in it over the last few days, ::) its nice to turn on the heater, listen to the radio and toss stumps into the fire.  I unloaded about 50,000 lbs. of logs with it on Friday, got it done in record time and it was very stable with high, heavy loads. 8)
Now its time to put it to work...
YH   

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Hookpilot

Glad you finally got it YH. Has Miss Martha had a chance to drive it yet. I hope it makes it down some of those trails we were on without scratching that pretty blue paint.
WMLT50
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."
                 -- John Quincy Adams

Bruno of NH

YH
I believe NH has some owner ship connection to the former fiat/alis in Italy .
They make nice tractors in Italy
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

square1

QuoteIts been pretty handy for pulling small trees out of the ground  ;D.
You can say that again!
QuoteIts been pretty handy for pulling small trees out of the ground  ;D.
Alright, enough already...
Nice rig (may be the leading understatement of 2015 to date)

JB Griffin

CNH is owned by Fiat, and hq'd in Italy.  They build Case IH, and New Holland tractors and maybe McCormick but not sure on that one.

Very nice lookin tractor Yellowhammer. May it serve you well for many years.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

justallan1

Very nice set-up, YellowHammer.
I really like New Holland and this certainly isn't a rant, but keep an eye on your front wheel mounting hoops for hair line cracks. On the wheel itself you have 8 hoops for your "lugs" to mount on, I've had to add supports on all of them on 3 different tractors in the past 8-9 years. Hopefully NH has beefed their rims up a bit.
Awesome machine though and I'm certainly jealous.

Allan

beenthere

From TractorData.com

QuoteNew Holland started with a corn mill in Pennsylvania built in 1895. The company expanded into farm implements and found success with automatic hay balers.
The firm was acquired by Ford in 1985, and the Ford-New Holland name began to appear on tractors. In 1990, Ford sold a majority interest in its farm machinery operations to FIAT, with the agreement that the Ford name be dropped in ten years. Many tractors began to be released under two names, New Holland in traditional Ford markets, and FIAT in their traditional markets.
In 1999, CaseIH and FIAT/New Holland merged to form CNH Global, which continues to build tractors under the New Holland brand.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

JB Griffin

Okay so not McCormick, I wasn't sure on that.
What gets under my skin is that people around here still try to call em Fords, even though they aren't anything like the old Fords, "well there blue ain't they" they say, not the right shade of blue, but close. Ifin I ain't mistaken the color is called "New Holland purple", Don't look purple to me. ::) but maybe that was the older ones as they were a little darker.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Magicman

That is a real beauty YH.  Enjoy the ride.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Get that tractor up north we'll put a snow pusher on it and put you to work !
Getting another 10 to 16 inches of snow the next 2 days .
Jim/Bruno

customsawyer

Nice addition. I don't recommend cabs on tractors for the reason you stated. You spend to much time in them looking for something else you can do. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!