iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

562xp stopped

Started by DDDfarmer, August 27, 2018, 09:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDDfarmer

Hey guys,  was using the 562xp the other day running fine and then it just quit.  Pulled the cord, started, back to cutting and then just like I hit the stop button... quit.   Repeat a couple more times....  then it just won't start.  1/2 tank of gas so I know that's not the problem, pull, pull and pull some more but no go. 

Pulled the plug, looks good and sparks but dry.  Bit of gas right into the cylinder fires and then quits.  Same with gas right into the carb.  Primer is full and if it works like I think it does, it just pulls gas from pump and exits to tank just to fill the system correct?  In which case the system is full and should be ready to go?  I even drained the gas tank and re-filled ( everything looked fine)

Let the saw sit and still doesn't work and tired of pulling the cord.  is it possible something got past the filter and plugged the jet?  or does the autotune carb have a electro-switch that will cut the gas flow similar to older IH carb setups? 

Double whammy, 576xp has a broken intake boot, cant use it lol..     Trying not to take to dealer don't need another expense right now.  I like these auto-tune saws once past the learning curve, start-tune and run no hesitation no tools.  Just nervous to work on with the electronics that I may short out, is that justified?

Thanks

Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Maine logger88

Try the ground for the coil I had one come loose and do like your talking about. Shouldn't have to worry about a short cause there's no power when the saws not running 
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

John Mc

If you let it cool all the way down, will it start and run again? If so, I suspect a bad ignition module (sometimes they fail in a way that only shows up when hot) or possibly vapor lock (though normally vapor lock is more of an issue when you shut down and then try to restart).

When it stops, have you removed the gas cap and reinstalled? Sometimes if the vent gets plugged, the negative pressure that develops in the tank as the gas is used is enough to prevent gas from flowing into the carb.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

DDDfarmer

Lots of spark, so I don't think would be a coil problem.  Cooled down and won't even sputter when cranked over.  Little gas right into the carb and she comes to life.....until it gets used up.

Opened-drained and refilled the gas tank so don't think air lock.

Can pull starter cord with choke on until your arm is numb then remove spark plug and its bone dry,  makes me think something in the carb plugged or broke. 

Guess I get to play doctor and preform some surgery, must be a video on youtube on this carb and not damaging wires/etc.

Last time the saw was at the dealer ( recall on the gaskets if I remember right)  they either stripped or left a muffler bolt loose(under the cover).  I've snugged it up a couple times but now its vibrated ALL the threads away to nothing.  Wonder if there is enough meat there to install a heli-coil?  Too may mechanics in that shop and you take a chance whom you get...
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

John Mc

Quote from: DDDfarmer on August 29, 2018, 10:01:24 AM
Lots of spark, so I don't think would be a coil problem.  Cooled down and won't even sputter when cranked over.  Little gas right into the carb and she comes to life.....until it gets used up.

Opened-drained and refilled the gas tank so don't think air lock.
Normally, vapor lock happens on the fuel lines, not in the tank. It happens when the fuel in the line gets hot enough to boil and turns to vapor, which can stop the flow of fuel to the carb. That little bit of gas into the carb would bypass the vapor lock, which makes it sound as though vapor lock is a possibility. However, this would normally clear up once the saw has cooled down.

If you are referring to a plugged fuel vent, opening the tank (whether you drained and refilled or not) should have temporarily corrected that problem.

So I'm giving both of those a low probability at this point (assuming you did let the saw cool down thoroughly before attempting restart).

Is your fuel filter in good shape?

Given that it's a 562XP, I'm guessing it's not all that old, so the diaphragm has not gone bad?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Grandpa

Just a shot in the dark. Did you check the impulse hose?

realzed

Probably not the cause - but I had an 026 stop running fairly abruptly and it would start up and run momentarily when fed gas thru the carb or dumped into the cylinder but that sustained operation for a brief high rpm few seconds, and then it was dead again.. culprit was a crankcase seal that finally broke down and leaked a massive amount of air..
Luckily it went quickly before the engine ran lean for too long and replacing it brought the saw back off life support immediately without any issues other than the cost of the replacement seals (actually I changed both sides assuming the other one could/would be bad soon after) - You know the 'Murphy's Law' - thing!

mike_belben

First things first, pull muffler and see if you scored the bore. If so the rest of these checks are for naught. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!