iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best place God ever created

Started by JuniperBoss, January 29, 2013, 04:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justallan1

I tell you what, I need to get off this ranch and come see western Montana someday. I've been in Montana 9 years now, worked for 2 ranches, and other than going to Lewistown to pick up my mill I've never made it more than 100 miles from the ranch. Sound familiar?

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: justallan1 on January 31, 2013, 08:10:32 PM
I tell you what, I need to get off this ranch and come see western Montana someday. I've been in Montana 9 years now, worked for 2 ranches, and other than going to Lewistown to pick up my mill I've never made it more than 100 miles from the ranch. Sound familiar?

I love Montana too but really is is just the natural extension of the Kingdom of Alberta.  8)
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

justallan1

Well, Alberta must be pretty nice also then.

Bandmill Bandit

Yes kidding aside Montana, Alberta, Idaho, Washington, BC and Oregon. The best part of this continent. I think we should get together and form our own country. Maybe take Sask. the Dakota's, Colorado, Wyoming and Utah too pretty hard to find a better region to live in out side of those on this fair continent. And I am not saying there ain't beauty else where but those are the best IMNSHO.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

JuniperBoss

"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

justallan1

JuniperBoss, have you ever gone to the Oregon Caves in Cave Juntion, Oregon? I loved Oregon, beautiful state. I lived right near Cresent City, Ca for a while and helped clean up the mess made in Brookings, Oregon when they filmed Return of the Jedi in the early eighties and did a bunch of trail work on the Rouge River. That is a grear river to raft down.
Allan

drobertson

Hey Juniperboss, great thread, there are really so many great God created places in our great country, and I agree with you on some of the better places are where the lil fishes swim.  The western states have some beautiful streams filled with great fish, and the back drop of hill and mountains, just timeless. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

justallan1

Here's a shot of part of a couple of my pastures. We've discussed stocking the little pond. I know I could sure spend a little time there if we did.

rooster 58

Allan that is awesome as heck ;) Can you post some more? It makes me want to point the truck due west x northwest ;D

JuniperBoss

Quote from: justallan1 on February 01, 2013, 07:46:20 AM
JuniperBoss, have you ever gone to the Oregon Caves in Cave Juntion, Oregon? I loved Oregon, beautiful state. I lived right near Cresent City, Ca for a while and helped clean up the mess made in Brookings, Oregon when they filmed Return of the Jedi in the early eighties and did a bunch of trail work on the Rouge River. That is a grear river to raft down.
Allan
I don't think I've been to the oregon caves. I live on the east side of the cascades, where mostly juniper grow. I very much enjoy vacating to bookings. Cool place. I live somewhat near Crater Lake but have never been there :D. Crescent City is like a jungle. I always enjoy occasionally going to the coast. Everything is different there, especially climate. Went salmon fishing on the Smith River amongst the giant redwoods. Very cool, but I like the wide open spaces and dry climate of the east side! The rogue river is a very cool river. There is such diversity in climate and environment in oregon.  Mostly, though, I explore the east side and love learning every nook and cranny of this region!

Beautiful picture what a nice place :o. Stock that pond! On our farm we have a little "bass pond" we call it. It's full of Largemouth that get up to I think 15 inches. We don't ever put water in it, it fills up by itself in the spring or winter and we don't feed the fish. It's amazing how tough they are to survive when it freezes over for weeks or even months at a time!
Show me some more.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

JuniperBoss

Quote from: drobertson on February 01, 2013, 08:02:59 AM
Hey Juniperboss, great thread, there are really so many great God created places in our great country, and I agree with you on some of the better places are where the lil fishes swim.  The western states have some beautiful streams filled with great fish, and the back drop of hill and mountains, just timeless. 
I spoke with a wood-cutter buddy and he is out in kansas on the oil rig drilling black gold. He says don't ever move there because it's like a flat, endless plain of nothing. Miserable place. The western 10 states or so are just fantastic. The fishing is so good here. It feels like heaven on earth when fishing a beautiful stream in the mountains and catching big trout, not a person in sight!
Imagine how pleased God is right now knowing how much we love what he has made!

drobertson

the wife and I plan on a trip out that way some time, but for now, the northern part of Arkansas, will have to suffice,  great trout steams and hills, just not quite the size of the rocky's, of course, but the smell and the fight are near the same. And probably don't need to mention the skillet, some folks insist on releasing everything, not knowing that harvesting is a vital part of conservation.   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

JuniperBoss

The tiny little streams that we have out here can over-populate with fish if not lightly fished. However, if people take too many out it can make it even worse.

drobertson

Yep, conservation, and creel limits are critical for sure,  I love to catch and release, but when too many are in the pool some have to be culled.  We can only trust that everyone uses the codes imposed for future enjoyment.
david

Chuck White

I drove down from Alaska and went through Yellowstone on my way home when I retired from the Air Force in early June of 1989.

What a beautiful Place.

It's one of those places that keeps you "wanting to go back".
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

JuniperBoss

If you ever go back bring your fishing pole and hiking boots. It is a beautiful place and even more beautiful when you are actually in it :).

Bandmill Bandit

Red deer River provincial recreation area

JuniperBoss

Where is that? I assume montana?

I love montana :)

Thank You Sponsors!