iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good Red Oak

Started by CCC4, April 17, 2014, 12:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

Video from today. Trying to understand why Stihl would release a saw on the market w/o a dual port cover. 660 dual port cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2g5-wcS_3M&list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA

Stephen Alford

As always,CCC4, enjoy your vids.  Sometimes after watching your vids the audio keeps playing. Gives me the sence of getting something done as I paruse other posts. In one of the vids the tip of the saw  tapped a piece of slash. I grabbed the desk, my wife asked whats wrong? I replied "kickback"  :D :D.
   It is interesting to see different styles of gear.  Here the helmet with face shield ear muffs is common. I like  a liner with the shroud to keep the snow and debris from going down your neck. I prefer the bronze safety glasses by nemesis because the legs are straight which make them comfortable with the muffs.  Go easy stay safe.  :)

logon

JakeG

Nice video Clint. Definitely a good oak! Saw seems to have noticeably more power in the vid
$5.00 fine for whinin'

CCC4

Thank you Stephen! As it is warming up down here in the Durty Souff, my gear gets pretty streamlined! LOL! Jeans and 9 ply full wrapped chaps and a hard hat is my PPE....waaaay too many briars and vines to where a shirt. LOL! As I am siting here with a black eye from yesterday...your pics of your helmet with face shield are coming more and more to light! While cutting a sweet gum totally enveloped in Virginia creeper, a chunk rode my chain back up and greeted me in the upper corner of my left eye socket...should have had a face shield for sure...gonna hit my boss up for a new helmet.

Thanks again, hope all is well up your way and you are getting to work.

CCC4

Quote from: JakeG on April 17, 2014, 09:03:10 AM
Nice video Clint. Definitely a good oak! Saw seems to have noticeably more power in the vid

Thanks Jakers! Yeh that cover really boosted my power in that saw. Why on Earth they don't put those covers on all saws is beyond me! I haven't tried my long bar on her since the mod but I am thinking she will pull it just fine. Is it hott down yer way Jake? I about melted today! FS set a huge fire this morning, appears that it has jumped and burning strong....I bet it's super hot up on that mountain! LOL!

Take care Jake! Prolly see ya around this evening somewhere!  :o LOL!

JakeG

I completely agree with you about the saw. On top of the additional power, I bet it'll run a little cooler too.

The temps are pretty mild right now ranging from high 50's to high 70's. Bout as good as it gets for spring time down here. I'd prefer 40-50 degrees year round but that's just me.

I'll be cuttin oak & gum all day tomorrow, nothing bigger than 26" though. Tons of heavy leaners... Sure helps having a saw ported by Terry. See ya 'round!
$5.00 fine for whinin'

Thank You Sponsors!