iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coke Stevia

Started by Ianab, May 17, 2018, 08:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Seems we are the guinea pigs for the new Coke variety. 

It's just been released in NZ to "test the market". No sugar, and no artificial flavours.

Verdict, it's not "exactly" the same, but it's drinkable. I've got to keep away from the sugar versions, and the Coke Zero is all artificial sweeteners, so probably not the best for you. So I'll probably end up buying this again. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sawguy21

My sil is addicted to soft drinks, he switched to stevia in the belief it is better for him. No idea if it's true but he's happy.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I quit drinking Coke products a long time ago....and I don't drink Pepsi.

Thanks for the heads up Ian. I guess this drink will be headed my way.  pepsi_smiley
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

barbender

I love Coke, but I don't drink it very often anymore (I'm almost 43 an I really need to start watching my diet, a lot of diabetes and heart disease in my family). I would give this a shot myself. I hate diet soda, tastes bad and bad for you- I can't see the appeal there👎 I'll watch for updates on any abnormal growths or behaviors, Ian😂
Too many irons in the fire

MAF143

Diabetes runs in my family and many years ago we switched to "diet" drinks (water being No. 1) and my wife had issues almost immediately with aspartame.  We have been aware of what sweeteners are used in various products.  I was happy a few years ago, when diet Pepsi switched to sucralose from aspartame.  She is not enamoured with it either.  I also enjoy Shasta diet drinks with the sucralose.  I do NOT drink coffee so I do like to have a diet soda with caffiene for a "boost" sometimes.

HOWEVER

Last night we went to get supplies for the holiday weekend and as always, was reading all the ingredients in everything that goes in our cart, and all the diet Pepsi varieties at the local store have switched back to aspartame.  I was bummed...

They did have a new version of Diet Coke that now has sucralose instead of aspartame.  So that came home with us.  I didn't see any with the stevia or we would have grabbed some of that.  My wife seems to be ok with the stevia products (for now).

pepsi_smileyNOT
Always having a great day!
Husky 357 self ported, MS 250 MM, MS 362  MM, HM-126, Ferguson TO-35, '04 F-250 wood cuttin' truck, splitter, Woodland Mills Grindlux 4000 sharpener, Vogelzang Ponderosa keeping us warm

Ianab

From what I have read the Stevia version has only been released in NZ so far, but they plan to start selling it in the US later in the year. Probably need a heap more stevia to supply the US market, compared to starting with NZ.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Kinscordle

I haven't been able to try one of these yet since they aren't in my area, what's the general flavor like? Is the texture the same as regular Coke?

MAF143

As for the Diet Coke with Sucralose, I like the taste better than the regular Diet Coke, but I haven't had the Real Thing in years so I can't compare to the plain old Coke.
Always having a great day!
Husky 357 self ported, MS 250 MM, MS 362  MM, HM-126, Ferguson TO-35, '04 F-250 wood cuttin' truck, splitter, Woodland Mills Grindlux 4000 sharpener, Vogelzang Ponderosa keeping us warm

Thank You Sponsors!