iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Large Chainsaw Mill Build

Started by jemmy, July 20, 2018, 08:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jemmy

I have been participating in the ancient practice of "build design" haha. I have the basic frame for the mill established. The next step is to fabricate the connection from the bar to the mill. The arms are pieces of 2" square tube, they are green in the photos. My intention is to weld 2 pieces of 1" square tube to each arm. The 1" tubing will run parallel to the bar, and extend outside of the 2" tubing. The 1" tubing will have holes that will coincide with the bar. Bolts will run through the 1" and bar, thus securing the bar to the arms. I hope this makes sense, its hard to portray through words. If anyone has any suggestions, reactions or knowledge that would be great. I am highly concerned with busting 8 holes in my very expensive bar. Is this a problem? Too many holes? What distance should I maintain from either end of the bar? Will I destroy the integrity of the bar? There are many factors and a big oops that is looming. And yes I know this thing is going to weigh a lot, I've got some plans for that  ;)... Thank you!

Plan for the worst, hope for the best, and take what comes with a grin. - Grandpa Chuck

Thank You Sponsors!