iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking to upgrade to a big Mill

Started by Barry S, January 03, 2019, 08:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry S

I'm looking for a bigger Mill what's the best to get? I'm looking to be able to saw up to 16 or 18 foot long not shorter than 16. Also I want hydraulic controls. All hydraulic pretty much. Any advice or tips?

Southside

What is your budget and sawing expectation?  Need setworks?  Hobby or production sawing? Need to be portable?  Do you want electric or diesel / gas?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

lots of sponsors on this site, they have websites and will send you dvds ect.  I know prices have gone up a bunch it seems.  I am a timberking guy since they are in Ks and I could visit there facility.  I actually know what my salesman looks like in person.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Banjo picker

Location will make a difference in shipping if you are looking at a new mill.  If you would fill out your info as to at least the state, province or country you are from you will get a better feel as to whats avialiable to you.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Thank You Sponsors!