Previous topic - Next topic

missourilogger

heres me falling a willow one of the last one on our property  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBqU3xLAxMM

if you have a youtube account please comment
i Was here

and here

twobears

i hope osha doesn,t watch this video..  ::)

delbert

wi woodcutter

Maybe think about getting some safety chaps, alot cheaper than going to the ER. 
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

beenthere

missourilogger
Good video and thanks for posting.

Might open ya up to some suggestions how to improve on it, but also hope you take those as constructive, and not intended to hurt your feelings.

After catching my chainsaw chaps twice while cutting similar brushy trees, I cringe a bit watching the man cutting in this video without chaps. Also, the apparent approach to cutting that little tree, seems a bit rough on the bar when it rolls off of it that way.
The GOL (game of logging) class would make you a happier feller, I'd think. It did me.  :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

Thanks for posting the video. The first thing I noticed was that the visor and muffs were left up which makes them rather ineffective. As was mentioned, chaps would also been a good idea.
I hope you take this as constructive comment rather than criticism.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pasbuild

No criticism here, the tree went right were ya wanted it to.
One question, why did ya cut your last Willow down?
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

missourilogger

thanks for the feedback the reason i dont wear chaps is because every little briar catches on them once i get some money though I'll buy me a set of those pants from baileys the reason i left my muffs up is because i could hear the tree pop i ended up putting my visor down if you watched i just forgot to put it down at the begging until a little chip hit me in the mouth
the reason i cut my last willow down is so our creek looks clean there were probably 150 1" -12" thick willows there were 2 15inch thick ones my them selves though 
i Was here

and here

missourilogger

Quote from: twobears on January 01, 2009, 09:00:31 PM

i hope osha doesn,t watch this video..  ::)

delbert

well its for my self not for the company  :D
i Was here

and here

missourilogger

Quote from: beenthere on January 01, 2009, 10:16:08 PM
missourilogger
Also, the apparent approach to cutting that little tree, seems a bit rough on the bar when it rolls off of it that way.
  :) :)

the reason i cut it that way is because the ditch in front of it was deeper than a tractor front end with a loader my dad was brush hogging and broke of part of the bank and said he couldnt push himself up at all cause he wasnt hittin bottom we had to get the backhoe out to get the tractor out
i Was here

and here

missourilogger

Quote from: missourilogger on January 01, 2009, 11:31:04 PM
Quote from: beenthere on January 01, 2009, 10:16:08 PM
missourilogger
Also, the apparent approach to cutting that little tree, seems a bit rough on the bar when it rolls off of it that way.
  :) :)

the reason i cut it that way is because the ditch in front of it was deeper than a tractor front end with a loader my dad was brush hogging and broke of part of the bank and said he couldnt push himself up at all cause he wasnt hittin bottom we had to get the backhoe out to get the tractor out

and there was a fence
i Was here

and here

Thank You Sponsors!