iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

The truck came and put in 248 gallons in. Saved .50 a gallon.  8)

Ross is sending me a catalog to see just what I want. If you go and look at the for sale page you can see the lt70, There is a video of it Mr Shepard.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: YellowHammer on February 13, 2018, 05:27:10 PM

...... all I have to do is dial the iPhone and magic, another truck shows up. 

What if Magic is out of town ?  ;D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Around here, the troopers will set up stings at the farm shows and cattle auctions and test everybody's tank and see what color it come up.

Around here the Highway Man hardly ever check local farmers, if they do at all but By Cracky they will flood all the campgrounds and Theme Park and check all the out of state RV'S and 5th wheels for off road fuel.

SawyerTed

My daughter works for a major fuel distributor and transport company that delivers fuel in six or so states. The diesel comes through the pipeline the same.  Dye is added at the terminal as it is loaded on tanker trucks. Most all diesel sold now is low sulfur whether on-road or off-road fuel. Essentially the only difference is tax and dye.  Around here a few stations sell off road diesel, sometimes because it doesn't sell quickly they have problems with condensation and other age related problems.

Watch pump labeling when traveling, auto/light truck diesel sometimes has as much as 20% bio.  That's what gels so bad with bio.  The 5% not so much.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Josef

Used to keep a pump tank in my truck bed to refuel equipment at job sites, then about 2010 all of a sudden every time I got off the tpk in Breezewood Pa I'd get pulled over by pa dept of rev and they'd stick my truck tank, got tired of the hassle after the first dozen "inspections" and pulled the tank out of the truck. Not sure if it's true but heard the fine was $1000 per gallon of capacity of the trucks installed fuel tanks, I have a 38 gallon tank so yep, I'd just have to leave them the truck. Also saw it a lot at horse shows in Virginia, both checking for dyed fuel and GCWV registrations on towing vehicles. Lots of big fines levied.

Joe
In my house I'm the boss, I know this because my wife said so, I only hope she doesn't change her mind!

New to me Timber Harvester that I'm learning to operate, been building a home built mill for a while, should be ready to make sawdust with it someday if I ever quit "modifying" the design.

Peter Drouin

You can run off road in your truck, Just have a bunch of empty jugs of ATF in the back rolling around.
Tell the cop [I put it in the tank for lube] Red diesel. :D :D :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Southside

I actually had to do that once, add ATF, had an injector start sticking bad and I figured, what the heck do I have to loose? Within 10 miles it actually cleaned itself up. Now I just use blue 2 cycle oil instead.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

4x4American

Got the log deck all loaded for tomorrow, everything filled up with fuel, lumber moved, ready to go.  at 9 pm.

Go to pull away from the fuel tank.  Backhoe turns kinda slow and funny feeling.  Look down and

Put the forks down so the front tires are in the air, unlock the brake pedals so I can steer with the back brakes and drive over close to the air compressor.  Got the tire back on the bead seated nice without having to take the chains off.  awesome! 

This tire has a slow leak and has come off before.  So I figured it had just got low and slipped off.  Nope.  Come to find out theres a hole in the sidewall.  Great...with a TT coming tomorrow after a load.  Gonna try and plug it tomorrow am gonna order a new tire from a tire company over in VT.  Hope I can hold air enough with a plug to get by.  Another gas station supper and just got back hone..and I had a good dinner at home I was looking forward to,,,it'll keep :D ...  All in a day and night sawing wood at Knight Sawmill LLC :D

u

Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm from the South but it sure looks like you've run over a chain. :D

Southside

Just put some skis on that thing!!! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

YellowHammer

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on February 13, 2018, 06:31:05 PM

Then, I'm going to slip into yer place, and use a hosepipe to syphal the juice out of yer new wide.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: YellowHammer on February 13, 2018, 11:51:35 PM
Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on February 13, 2018, 06:31:05 PM

Then, I'm going to slip into yer place, and use a hosepipe to syphal the juice out of yer new wide.

:D :D :D

Kbeitz

Stick a tube in the tire...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

thecfarm

I put tubes in all my front tires of the tractors. One see the woods and can see why them would bother. The other ones mostly only see grass. But as soon as they go flat a tube is put in.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Start at 9 am, ½ the day is gone.  :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 14, 2018, 06:24:00 AM

PM Peter lol I start at the same time you do

I thought about doing a tube too but I wasnt sure if they would be a pain with getting pinched and all
Boy, back in my day..

longtime lurker

Valentines day today: a late start is sometimes diplomatic in the name of romance and wives who tolerate washing machine filters clogged up with bits of wozzatree.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Crusarius

I got sick and tired of all my tires going flat on everything. So now any tire that goes flat gets a bottle of slime dumped in it. My UTV no longer has flats, my Zero turn no longer has flats. It is so nice to be able to go start the equipment and use it instead of hoping you have enough air to make it to the compressor before the tire comes off the bead then you spend the next hour fighting with it.

Kbeitz

slime  slime  slime That's one product that I very much dislike...
Wait until you need to remove your tire someday.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Crusarius

one of those tires had fix a flat in it. that is the stuff I despise.

I have had to remove tires with it. I did not have any issues. it just gets a little slimy. No pun intended.

submarinesailor

nativewolf

I am going with foam filled on my mulching tractor, should get the tires off on Friday and sent to factory for foam.  For the price of foam I could buy new tires but I need the weight as well and I'll run those puppies till I see just cords.  I hope to add about 3k pounds to the front tires.  Since the darn mulching head weighs 12k pounds I can use all the help I can get.
Liking Walnut

Kbeitz

Our local tire shops in this area will not touch a wheel that has been slimed.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Dave Shepard

Sometimes you do what you have to do.  If my tire shop refused to work on a Slimed tire, I'd give then a pacifier and a rattle and find a new tire shop.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Bandmill Bandit

AND it is the best half of the day that is gone too!
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Thank You Sponsors!