iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to forum Timber Harvester user

Started by tylerltr450, January 29, 2018, 07:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

Glad you were able to figure it out.

IF at first you dont succeed keep on tryin and eventually you will suck seed.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Dewey

Quote from: apm on January 30, 2018, 08:21:17 AM
Probably a real dumb question here, but in the pictures of your mill it looks like the log stops are on the same side as the loader arms and it looks like the blade is sawing "away" from the log stops? That is backwards from the way I would have pictured it.

Greg

One of the best features of a Timber Harvester.... you saw into fresh cut would instead of bark..

tylerltr450

Quote from: Dewey on February 11, 2018, 11:07:16 AM
Quote from: apm on January 30, 2018, 08:21:17 AM
Probably a real dumb question here, but in the pictures of your mill it looks like the log stops are on the same side as the loader arms and it looks like the blade is sawing "away" from the log stops? That is backwards from the way I would have pictured it.

Greg

One of the best features of a Timber Harvester.... you saw into fresh cut would instead of bark..

Dewey,
That is the best part about the Timber Harvester, always cutting into clean wood instead of having to run the mud saw/ debarker all the time.
Timber Harvester 36HTD25 fully loaded
2006 Dodge 2500 first Auto to NV5600 swap, EFI Live Tune by me
John Deere Tractor
Massey Ferguson 711B SkidSteer

47sawdust

My WM does not have a debarker.After my opening cut I most always turn the log into the back stops,270°,so I'm cutting in to clean wood.I feel it makes a big difference in blade life and reduces the time spent cleaning logs.I still pay attention to the exit side of the log for dirt and rocks.I don't like to see sparks when I'm sawing.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

tylerltr450

Quote from: 47sawdust on February 12, 2018, 09:01:00 AM
My WM does not have a debarker.After my opening cut I most always turn the log into the back stops,270°,so I'm cutting in to clean wood.I feel it makes a big difference in blade life and reduces the time spent cleaning logs.I still pay attention to the exit side of the log for dirt and rocks.I don't like to see sparks when I'm sawing.

With TH you are able to turn it once and you able to get into a clean piece of wood, that saves me so much more time then having to do that a bunch of times.
Timber Harvester 36HTD25 fully loaded
2006 Dodge 2500 first Auto to NV5600 swap, EFI Live Tune by me
John Deere Tractor
Massey Ferguson 711B SkidSteer

Brad_S.

Timber Harvesters demise certainly wasn't due to an inferior machine.  I still maintain that it was perhaps the best out there. Internal problems are what sunk the company.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

47sawdust

They went out of business the year I started looking for a mill.I was disappointed.The man behind the business had built a firewood processor that was as fully featured as the sawmills.I agree with Brad,the mills were top shelf.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!