iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just got my New Wood-Mizer LT35 Hyd

Started by JHEchevers, June 12, 2014, 12:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHEchevers

I was at WM Headquarters last March, talk to Jorge Cisneros (AAA+++ seller), make my decision (based on this forum content), and get a new Wood Mizer LT35 Hyd. This is my first Mill so I hope can get more and more info about this mill on this site (really help me a lot). So the journey just begun.
Today June 6 it arrives to the Republic of Panama, I am very proud and happy about being part of the WM family. Now Sawmill is at home waiting for a little instruction from WM people in Panama.

Best Regards

Jose H. Echevers
Salutes from Santiago, Republic of Panama

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Congrats on the new mill. Hard for you to tow that one home. ;)

We'll be interested in your sawing in Panama. Hope to hear more about it.

Going to fill up that garage stall with sawdust...  ??   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new sawmill, and welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Lots of LT35 owners here on the Forum.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

JHEchevers,welcome to the forum. What is the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Hello JHEchevers, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  Congrats on the new LT35.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Very nice!  And I'm excited, because now we will get to see pictures from Panama!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mikeb1079

always cool to see members from around the world!   8)

what type of timber will you be sawing?
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

VictorH

Ribsy

Welcome JH. I only have 60 hrs on my LT35HD and have nothing to report except that I love it so far. And I am sooo glad I opted to upgrade from the LT28 that I had originally ordered. With a bad back the hydraulics are going to keep me in the game, I hope.

I am curious as to what species you will be cutting and look forward to seeing some pictures soon...

Greg
Engaged in tree work, tree removal, milling and and processing said product into high quality and well seasoned lumber slabs and firewood.

reswire

Awesome mill, can't wait to see some of the countryside; tree by tree!! ;D
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

Darrel

That's a mighty fine looking sawmill!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

SawyerBrown

Welcome to the Forestry Forum!  I too love my LT35, look forward to see what you're sawing and how you like your mill. Keep us posted, will you?
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

LaneC

Congrats on the mill. I hope the best for you. You are doing what one day I hope to be able to do so keep us posted. That is the mill that I would like to have and would love to hear the success you are going to have. (Along with any problems so they will be chalked up as a  learning curve). Keep us posted and be careful. Oh yeah, they say the mill is not complete without a logrite peavey or other logrite turner :D :D Just an observation from the expert sawyers here on the forum and lastly, welcome to the forum.
Man makes plans and God smiles

JHEchevers

We own a timber farm, we have teak (Tectona grandis), Pinus caribaea, Acacia mangium, African mahogany. They were planted by my grandfather 30 years ago. It's time to start sawing, just waiting for next Saturday, representatives of Wood-Mizer Panama comes to give training. So soon can I send pictures with the progress, yet the mill is at home, waiting for training and the start of what I hope is a great family business.

Greetings to everyone in the forum, I served very helpful when making my decision, but I was also very interested in the sawmill Timberking 1600. This time Orange wins.

kczbest

Congratulations on your new mill!  8)
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

Biocmp

With all of those "exotic" trees waiting to be sawed, where are the pics?

I hope you get your new mill broken in sooner rather than later. Eagerly waiting to see pics of the process.

scully

You are in a position to make great changes in your life ! Congratulations ! I can say that most here are going to be in envy of the type of logs you will be sawing ! I know I would love to have a couple but in my life I may never get to saw the wonderfull things that you have there ! I wish you well and ,I think you made a great choice on the mill !
I bleed orange  .

YellowHammer

Great looking mill and we are all pulling for you.  Very exciting.  Since the WM Reps are coming out they will show you how to check alignment and keep everything adjusted.  Things of special interest would be the main drive belt (you'll have to tighten it after the initial 50 hours break in), blade guide arm alignment (you'll have to check it after the first time you accidentally slam it into a log ;D), blade guides, backstops, drive chain tension, etc. 
Can't wait to see photos of sawdust
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Gadrock

I too eagerly await to view your pics of your project.

Conrats on your purchase.

Carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

JHEchevers

Tomorrow is the big day, Wood MizerĀ“s technician, will come to get the SawMill set and ready.
So my brother and I went to the farm to get some good Pine Tree for the practice.

Best Regards, Tomorrow will post pictures of the big day...

My Toyota FJ-40 Getting Ready to do the Job

Ready to get this beauty to the timber farm

On Route to the Farm, getting some gas

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Ribsy

Fantastic! Those logs look nice and straight. You are going to get some good lumber. Please post pics of your progress.
Engaged in tree work, tree removal, milling and and processing said product into high quality and well seasoned lumber slabs and firewood.

delvis

Jose, those pictures are beautiful and your property looks incredible!  Congratulations on that new mill and remember to ask any questions you run into along the way. 

Also, you're not a sawyer until you cut into a little mill metal.  Lol.
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

Thank You Sponsors!