iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

winter wonderland

Started by Ken, December 26, 2013, 03:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

Although it is pretty I am getting a little sick of this winter already.  It has snowed for what seems like 2 weeks straight.  Here is a couple of pictures from my deck.  What does it look like in your yard?  First pic is of some red pine planted nearly 20 years ago when I purchased the building lot.  Second picture is looking south from the deck.  Usually I can see a long ways.  Not today

Lots of toys for working in the bush

Chuck White

Nice Pics!

Looks a lot like our yard except we have about 1¾in of ice on everything!

Hopefully the bad stuff will end soon!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

I'll say. First big storm was over a week ago and seems it's snowed ever since.  ;D :snowball:
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Red Good

60 in the shop today , no heat here just the sunshine ! I will get pics if you really think it won't add to your load . lol
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

chevytaHOE5674

This year reminds me of the winters we had when I was a kid. 11 FEET of accumulated snow by Christmas and temps in the single digits everyday. When I was young it was a lot of fun skiing, sledding, snowshoeing, etc while somebody else plowed and piled the snow daily, cut and split the wood, watered the livestock, etc. Now that I'm the guy doing all those chores I've come to like the "mild" winters that we've had in recent times.

red oaks lumber

ya the first snow of the season is always bueatiful, now i'm just sick of winter! over 30 " on the ground and been colder than a well diggers butt to boot. starting  again sunday lookin at minus 25 -30 below air temps for most of next week :(.
tell me again why winter is better than summer? :( only from someone that dosent have to deal with it.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Jeff

It is already getting tought to find places to put snow. Need a thaw or less snow. We've been getting 2-4 inches a day for about the last month. A couple clear days in there and a couple with a tad more snow. I just stepped out and took some photos in the dark.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

That bank looks almost chest high.

Snowed here all day again. It's getting to be that time, with all the snow and cold, I retreat to the shop.  :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Hilltop366

We had a bit of snow this December, more than usual but it all melted away last weekend, it was like a spring thaw.

It is snowing now but is suppose to turn to rain in a few hours then drop below freezing again tomorrow, that should be a good mess.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Unreal Boss......your place looks like the pics they show on the weather channel. Brrrrrr!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

chevytaHOE5674

Jeff, looks like you guys are getting a bit of snow down that way.

Jeff

I was trying to catch the dogs playing today. I didn't do a good job doing that, as once I got the camera they quit what they were doing. I did get a little footage of some of the snow. Maybe I'll walk around the house tomorrow and show the area I have been keeping clear. The trouble I am having with my elbow has made it impossible for me to use the snowblower, but I can use the shovel and just clear two or three times times a day so its not heavy.

http://youtu.be/3qChT0thhd0
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chuck White

Looks like your yard is really wanting to close in on you Jeff!

Lot more snow than we have here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

We've seen much less white stuff so far this season. At the cabin, there's been less than 8" total. At The Beach, we had a five minute flurry pre-dawn on Christmas day.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

This is my wonderland. This is a ice storm we just had. I don't think there is a foot of snow on the ground,at this time. More coming.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Will this winter ever end...

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Nice picture Bill.

Wouldn't mind having a copy of the full resolution image, would make a good desktop image.

Herb

Roxie

That is breathtaking Raider Bill.   :)
Say when

coxy

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 27, 2013, 01:17:44 PM
Will this winter ever end...

nice pics        but looks way too hot for me  :D :D :D I was always told not to teez anyone if you had some thing better :D :D 8) 8) have a great day

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

snowstorm

winter wounder land here also. foot an a half on snow with an inch an a half of ice on top of that. another ft coming sunday then colder with highs around 5 next week

red oaks lumber

this winter is really taking a toll on me both mentally and physically. i hope i dont snap before its all said and done :(
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

chevytaHOE5674

Stuck a ruler down in the snow today and in the sheltered areas I got a 41" average depth across about 10 spots... 6-10 more inches on the way tomorrow night and Sunday will just be icing on the cake. One timber sale I have going is shut down as the snow is too deep for the skidder to navigate around, then are moving in another dozer on Monday to plow their skid roads so that they can get back to logging. 

SwampDonkey

Should take a photo. My cousin's Christmas trees are like white teepees covered in light dry snow. Hardly see any green.

chevytaHOE5674

I will take some pictures around the farm tomorrow when I spend the day on the loader piling the snow up to the sky to make room for more.

Heard from my logger about 10 minutes ago we decided since the job can be cut in the summer and is on a decent road that it will be easier and cheaper for him to pull his equipment out and move it to another job he has lined up and finish the "deep snow" job UP this summer.

Thank You Sponsors!