iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Road legal Pick-Up Truck size log trailer

Started by dgdrls, June 17, 2018, 08:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Yes, 10k =10,000.

If a trailer has a pair of 8k [each] axles, itll usually be about a 14k rated trailer because the framework consumes a portion of the axle capacity.  All our components have mfr rating tags.
Praise The Lord

Matt601

What I'm saying is most all 5th wheel campers are over 10K. I know the people don't have class A CDL that own them. Mine the GVR is 18K. Why dont everyone have to have class A to pull one of them? 
No matter where you go there you are!!!

Southside

The class A requirement is that the trailer is 10,000 or more lbs, rating, AND the combination weight of the tow vehicle and trailer is 26,001 or more lbs. Even a dually with a big 5th wheel is almost always under that, not by much, as the new ones are getting bigger, thus the non CDL-A requirement. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Skeans1

Rec stuff can throw CDL stuff out the window in a hurry look at the big diesel pusher motorhomes if grandpa or great grandpa needed a CDL I don't think you'd see one. Here's one for you air brakes under 26k CDL or not? From memory it's a CDL with an air endorsement all those big buses have air brakes.

Southside

If the motor home exceeds 26,001 lbs then a CDL-B becomes necessary, what do you want to bet those are tagged for 25,999.  You can get an air brake endorsement for a "regular" drivers license.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Dave Shepard

You don't need a commercial license for rv's. I know someone who had a 33k International box trick with a jet dragster and a bed in the back on rv plates. An Ohio state cop pulled him over at 4:00 am. When the Mass registry opened they said let him go, it's legit. 

Technically, a commercial license isn't required until the weight exceeds 26k, either single or combination. Some states have weird rules, and even the cops don't always know what they are talking about. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!