iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Edger shed

Started by Bruno of NH, May 01, 2019, 09:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Working on a shed for the new edger

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

DWyatt

I will never be used to how huge those circular saws are. :o :o :o

Looking good! Glad you're pushing through given the circumstances you were dealt!

Bruno of NH

I go out with my walker and cut some wood it's all fun.
Have a good friend helping me out.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

The first bent is up

btulloh

Progress. I like the look of a high-pitched roof. Probably won't have to clear any snow off that one.
HM126

Bruno of NH

Bent 2 put up
51 cub is running the chain mortiser

Crusarius

beav

Pretty cool looking. I am having a hard time visualising the roof.. It will make sense when I see it saturday.
It looks to be on skids? The tractor will move it? What are the dimensions?
Post and beam always looks awesome

btulloh

Now I see. Looking at the first pic on my phone left me with the wrong impression on the roof pitch.

Nice work. Things are moving right along.
HM126

Bruno of NH

4 bents up rainy and drizzle all day
Thank you 51 cub for the good help :)

Bruno of NH

It's 8 x 16 and it is on skids.
I will put the Mahindra in low gear and pull away :D
It might have to get pulled with the tractor and pushed with the skid steer.
The roof will be a 12/12 
Full boarded roof deck with synthetic paper then metal.

Ljohnsaw

Quite the shed!  Is there a tenon on the foot of the posts or are they just toe-nailed in with timber screws?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Bruno of NH

The foot of the post are toenailed with screws and before I put the siding on I will add plate connections

Lawg Dawg

Looking Great! Y'all still in LONG PANTS AND TOBAGANS  :o ALREADY CREEPING UP ON 90 HERE!
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

51cub

Glad I could help, Jim! I learned a couple new things then had supper with my brother and his wife. That's a fine day for me!
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Bruno of NH

Dawg
Still running the wood stove at night ;)

curved-wood

Really nice construction. I like when we put beauty in construction. I wish I was around.   Raining today. Hope not too much rain because the rivers will rise and more people will be flooded.

Southside

Bruno - maybe you should try selling sheds.  Nobody else that sells them has anything like that. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Bruno of NH

44° raining hard working under a tent 
The 3 cutsmen  :)
I can't forget Smiley 

Jim_Rogers

Nice pop up you've got there :D
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

CCCLLC

I wouldn't make a decent edger man there. I would  stare at the beams and joinery all the time.Beautiful!

Bruno of NH

Got rained out a bunch today had to go inside at 1:15 to warm up in front of the wood stove.
As it is as of today

crowhill

Yeah it was cold n raining so hard here today I had to take the chickens out on a leash, they were just not interested in going outside!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Garrett7

What dimensions are the skids? Are the floor boards nailed directly to the skids?

Bruno of NH

Skids are 4' of
2" spruce floor 4" screws

Bruno of NH

Got the rafters up and one side of the roof boarded 
The other side started 
I ran some boards threw the edger today my first time running it

scouter Joe

I love that building Bruno. You are doing a great job on it . Way to go . 

richhiway

a really beautiful little building. Like to see some details of the new edger. 
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Bruno of NH

The roof boards are on and papered in.
Pictures of the edger

gshd1

Nice looking building. Defiantly rugged enough.

Andries

Quote from: gshd1 on May 09, 2019, 07:41:39 PM
 . . . Defiantly rugged enough. . . .
Defiantly and Definitely, both.
Love that building, it's one of the few timber frame layouts that allows for a generous overhang.
Thanks Bruno, and great work!

LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!