iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

induction heating tool

Started by 47sawdust, September 04, 2018, 11:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

Anybody have any experience with this type of tool for freeing up seized parts.They are a little expensive for occasional use but must work well in certain applications.
 Thanks for your input.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Stuart Caruk

I build them for with our robotic tippers... the coils are optimized for a specific distance between parts, and pretty much useful only in one off applications. For freeing stuck parts an oxyfuel torch works best. Besides, when you get frustrated, you can just fire up the gas axe and severe those frustrating parts and start over.

Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

GRANITEstateMP

One of the Techs at work has one that he uses on lugnuts  that were overtightened on fancy alloy wheels. I seems to work pretty decent, but now he gets stuck fixing all of them >:(. Also, he uses that as last resort after his convention tricks don't work!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

alan gage

We've had one at our auto repair shop for probably 10 years now. It works well and comes in handy at times. The torch is generally the go-to tool for seized fasteners but sometimes the inductor is just what the doctor ordered, especially when working close to fuel lines/tanks or other things like plastic that could melt or be damaged by the torch. Pretty neat tool.

I don't remember which model we have for sure (no doubt it's been upgraded over the years) but this is the brand and what they offer now that's similar. All I can tell you is that it's not the "venom" model. Mini-Ductor Models | Flameless Torch | Induction Innovations

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

alan gage

I should add that I think it works better for seized nuts than studs/bolts. The inductor coils go over the seized fastener which is easy to do with a nut but no so much a stud that's stuck in a manifold.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Thank You Sponsors!